Arc 12.10 [Chapter 277]

Bai Lixin and Bai Liwu's coronation was already on the agenda even without Prince Li Chige's arrival. Within a few days, Bai Lixin was named Crown Prince and Bai Liwu, the Benevolent Prince. He was also conferred the Benevolent Palace.

Emperor Shengyuan planned to issue an imperial decree to betroth Xu Ying to Bai Liwu not long after the two were crowned.

However, Bai Liwu unexpectedly fell ill a few days after leaving the Imperial Palace. His spirit was greatly reduced within a few days, and he didn't know the cause.

As he lay in bed, Bai Liwu thought of the tantalising fragrance he breathed in every night in the palace, and he suddenly became very anxious and uncomfortable.

"Someone! Someone! " Bai Liwu was lying on the bed. His whole body was weak. "Someone come quickly!"

The people who followed Bai Liwu to the magnificent Benevolent residence were his confidants and palace maids. His maid heard Bai Liwu's voice, and she hurried to ask, "Your Highness, this servant is here. What are your orders? "

"Where is the white cloud wood fragrance bestowed by my father? Quickly take it out and light it. "

The palace maid looked at the tripod stove in confusion and said, "Your Highness, this servant already lit the white cloud wood incense and it has not been changed."

Bai Liwu's eyes were red, "How can that be? That is not that smell at all, no! "

Bai Liwu had always been gentle and elegant. When had he ever shown such a man-eating demonic look? The palace maid was so frightened that she knelt on the ground and said, with trepidation, "Your Highness! This maid is sorry, but this is indeed the white cloud wood incense. The servant maids have lit it for you every night ever since you said that you liked it, and we have never changed it."

Bai Liwu took two deep breaths, feeling his qi and blood surge. His breathing stalled, his eyes rolled over, and he passed out.

The palace maid was so scared that her arms and legs were weak as she stumbled out of the room, shouting, "Someone, go and get the doctor! The prince has passed out! "

The palace maid had never seen Bai Liwu in such a state, so she was already at a loss for words. There was a lot of commotion at the Benevolent Palace, and news of Bai Liwu's weakness and unexplained fainting spread like wings throughout the palace and even the Snow Kingdom.

Bai Liwu heard the descriptions of him outside, and his heart was filled with anger.

What did they mean when they said he was depressed and faint because he was not given the crown prince position?

What did they mean that he was dying soon?

What did they mean when they called him a sick seedling?

If someone wasn't fanning the rumours, how could the story of his collapse have gone viral?

Eunuchs had been coming to see him every day ever since he fell ill, but he had shown no improvement. His long, firm body began to fade away at a rate visible to the naked eye. His eyes became dark and sunken. His face was a waxy yellow, and he looked like a sickly child at first glance.

There was a steady stream of visitors who shook their heads and sighed as they left.

How could such a handsome young man have become like this?

Because of what had happened to Bai Liwu, the Emperor put the marriage on hold and recruited medical practitioners from all over the world to find a miracle doctor.

In the meantime, however, someone took the lead to ask Xu Ying, the daughter of the Minister of Rites, to marry him, and the marriage was agreed upon in just over a month.