Modern World [Arc 4.15- 4.16]

Arc 4.15 [Chapter 73]

"Boss, I like you." Bai Lu's soft voice reached his ears through the earphones, and Pei Fuchen's heart pounded wildly and uncontrollably.

"It's the Qixi festival today, Boss." After waiting for a long time and not receiving a response from Pei Fuchen, Bai Lixin spoke again.

His voice trembled slightly, with an almost crying tone, fragile like a daisy that had just bloomed after the spring rain.

When Pei Fuchen heard this, his heart throbbed.

Was today the Qixi festival?

"Okay, don't cry." Pei Fuchen heard Bai Lixin's trembling voice, and hurriedly whispered, gently and soothingly, "Don't cry."

Bai Lixin sniffled, but the words still came out with a nasal tone, "Boss, I said I like you. Did you hear me? "

Pei Fuchen nodded, but then he remembered that he and Bai Lixin could not see each other through the computer, so he hurriedly whispered, "Yes, I heard you."

"I'm like men, boss. Do you feel repulsed that I like you and confessed my love to you? Do you feel disgusted? " Bai Lixin hurriedly asked.

"No! How could I find you disgusting!"

I obviously like you more than I can say.

"Then do you like me? Like me as much as I like you. "

I do! I like you! I love you so much that I can even dream about you!

Pei Fuchen's heart roared, but his throat was getting drier and drier, "I.....I'm sorry, Xiao Lu, you asked too suddenly."

When he said these words, Pei Fuchen felt as if his heart was dying. His heart was twitching violently, as if it was being squeezed and wrung by a giant, powerful hand.

He wanted to tell him that he was in love with him. He loved him so much that he could not wait to take him into his arms as soon as he met him.

"Boss, can I video call you then?" Bai Lixin asked cautiously, with hope in his voice.

A video call? Pei Fuchen's eyes suddenly widened. No, no video call.

Even if he was crazy about Bai Lu, he must not let Bai Lu see his face.

In his mind, Pei Fuchen remembered what Bai Lu had told him about his impression of the "boss", who was like a perfect guardian god in his mind.

But he wasn't. He was a dying man, and a cold-blooded, heartless one at that.

Won't Bai Lu be disappointed after seeing his face?

Pei Fuchen shook his head, a struggling look in his eyes.

No, this was the one thing he could not do. He wanted to maintain the image of perfection in Bai Lu's mind; he wanted to be Bai Lu's guardian god for as long as he lived. Even if he died, the image he left in his mind would be all good.

"Boss?" After not receiving an answer for a long time, Bai Lu's cautious voice came through Pei Fuchen's earphones again.

He instantly came back to his senses. He shook off the wild ideas in his head and said back, "Sorry, Xiao Lu, I don't have a camera here."

Bai Lixin paused, and only after a long time did he ask again, "Well then, boss, I can wait. Since you didn't reject me, can you try to accept me?" If you don't want to accept me, please reject me now. We can still be good brothers."

"......"

Pei Fuchen bit his lower lip. He couldn't bring himself to say the words of rejection? But to accept? He couldn't do that either.