Republic of China [Arc 9.27]

Arc 9.27 [Chapter 202]

Bai Lixin let out a sigh. Now that Liao Sufan had crushed the jade pendant with the jade soul into powder, the big stone in his heart was put down.

The Heavenly Sea King had gone berserk in his anger because Fang Xuelin had attacked him.

The black qi on his body continued to escape, and that black qi spurted out, just as it had erupted from under the dry well that day.

Bai Lixin looked at the Heavenly Sea King, whose hair was slowly turning white and whose body was gradually withering down, and asked in his mind, [It's now easy to pierce his body like this, right?]

S419M was stunned and he stammered in disbelief, [Yes... but... this is...... too simple and rough ah!] What about the promised soul attaching to Liao Sufan and then piercing the protective wall with the Heavenly Yang Qi? Where is the promised step-by-step procedure?!

Is directly controlling Fang Xuelin to pierce the protective wall too... too...corny?

[They say that the Taiyi is the Heavenly Sea King's weakness, so I had to try. Even if he couldn't pierce the barrier, it would still affect the Heavenly Sea King's sanity]. Bai Lixin said back in his mind, [Only, I didn't expect that the Heavenly Sea King was not at all guarded against Taiyi....]

Bai Lixin lowered his eyes and sighed, not the slightest bit happy as he should be now that he had pierced the Heavenly Sea King's protective wall.

He looked at the two people who were entangled with each other and then at the solemn-looking Liao Sufan beside him. A hint of emotion appeared on his face.

The Heavenly Sea King was trapped by love, wounded by Taiyi more than four thousand years ago, and woke up to see Taiyi dead before him. Whom should he love and whom should he hate now that she was dead?

Taiyi's death did not free the Heavenly Sea King but deepened his obsession.

Why did Taiyi become his weakness? Why did the Heavenly Sea King cling to life for 4,000 years and not leave? Is it for the sake of this monstrous power? Or did he simply want to prove that Taiyi did not want to harm him?

The answer was already self-evident at the moment.

Bai Lixin's heart was suddenly filled with emotion, and he couldn't help but take Liao Sufan's hand beside him, crossing their fingers together.

Liao Sufan was stunned as the warmth in his hand passed through his fingertips and went to the depths of his heart. He glanced at Bai Lixin and found that Bai Lixin was already looking at him. The two men looked at each other without speaking, but everything was already in their eyes.

From the initial acquaintance with Dijia, he already had a purpose.

Why could he have lasted so long before meeting Dijia, continuing to travel between worlds? For the sake of an unwillingness, and even more so to rewrite history.

It was as if time had stood still for him, thinking it was the end, only to have to start all over again.

In this constant cycle, although he did not go mad or break down, he was on the verge of collapse.

When was the day the non-stop tasks would end? When would it end once and for all?

He had reached the stage of doing whatever it took, almost losing his mind, to achieve his goal as quickly as possible. It was too lonely after such a long time and such a long journey.