Arc 13.8 [Chapter 291]

At night, Dijia and an old man sat outside the campfire, watching a circle of men and women holding hands and dancing around it with solemn expressions.

What did that God of love mean?

One moment he had his eyes glued to him, and the next he fled far away from him. He was like a day in June, cloudy one moment and sunny the next, completely unpredictable.

Although Dijia didn't want to admit it, he had to say that he couldn't help but think back to Bai Lixin.

The old man had dozed off with his eyes closed. He was awakened by the laughter not far away and opened his drowsy eyes to look over. With his long beard wrapped around his cane, the old man next to Dijia yawned and looked over: "Dijia, you are thinking about spring."

Dijia: "......"

The old man laughed again, "Where did our Xin go? Why isn't he in the crowd? "

Dijia lowered his voice, "He left and won't be coming back."

The old man looked at Dijia for a long time and averted while saying, "Dijia, you are thinking about spring again."

Dijia: "......"

Dijia lowered his head and polished the newly built ironware, saying no more. The old man, whose eyes had been gazing into the distance, suddenly lit up and he smiled, "Look, Dijia, who said Xin wouldn't come back? Look who that is. "

Dijia stiffened. He looked up and followed the old man's cane. He saw that not far away, by the river, Bai Lixin rode a black stallion and came stepping on the moonlight on the water. The moonlight fell on Bai Lixin's body, haloing it with a soft white and gentle glow. He was like a fairy under the moon, perfectly blending in with the moon.

Bai Lixin drew everyone's attention as he rode into the tribe. The stallion under his legs let out a few anxious low growls when the crowd gathered around him.

Bai Lixin put his index finger to his lips in a "shhh" gesture and bent down to calm the restless black horse before jumping down. He took the rope tied to the horse's belly and tied it to a post.

There were expressions of envy and surprise when the crowd saw that the horse was more obedient than a woman in bed under Bai Lixin's taming. They hurriedly gathered around after the horse was tied and looked at the stallion who was quietly eating hay in curiosity, "Xin, you actually rode a horse back! How did you do that? "

The crowd of people surrounded Bai Lixin, blocking him in a tight knot. The look in Dijia's eyes grew even darker as he looked over.

The old man looked on and laughed, "Dijia, your spring has returned."

Dijia was silent, but his eyes secretly followed Bai Lixin's figure.

Bai Lixin was surrounded by the crowd, and he said something to them. The men and women then returned to the campfire to dance, this time with more excitement than earlier. Bai Lixin smiled and walked towards Dijia's side, where he sat down.

Dijia's expression stiffened, and he lowered his head to polish up his iron, not even looking at Bai Lixin.

He propped up his cane when he saw Bai Lixin coming. He asked, with a smile, "Where has Xin been? I haven't seen him all night. "

"Elder, I just went out to pick some fruit and twisted my foot. It just so happened that this gentle wild horse appeared next to me, so I tamed it a little and rode it back."

The old man opened his drowsy eyes and said, "Then I, an old man, will go and see this gentle wild horse. I'm old and I've never seen a horse like this before, so I'll take advantage of Xin's light today." The old man stood up, his white beard sliding down his cane and hanging long on his chest.