ABO World [Arc 10.17- 10.18]

Arc 10.17 [Chapter 219]

But it wasn't because of Hallyvette that Mansley retired. Mansley was originally a perfect partner for Jeffrey, but later developed feelings in the process of their partnership. Mansley's older brother fell in love with Jeffrey unilaterally. While Jeffrey regarded him as a good friend, this prompted Mansley to leave Jeffrey.

Bai Lixin was dumbfounded.

After leaving, Mansley went back to the countryside, and it so happened that Hallyvette had been sent there. Since he had nothing better to do, he took on the burden of looking after Hallyvette.

It is no wonder that Hallyvette, who had been so quick to turn people away, had a good friendship with Mansley.

As Bai Lixin came to the realization, he heard Mansley say, "I've been following The Original Song Contest. Do you have any plans to release an album shortly? "

Bai Lixin thought hard about it and replied, "Brother Mansley, the next song I plan to sing is the opposite of "The Call." A singer is often easily defined. He may sing a hundred songs, with only one or two classics, and those one or two classics will define the singer. Is he the prince of love songs or the king of folklore? I want to show a different side of myself before I'm defined and see how the audience reacts. As for putting out an album, that's something that I still have to discuss with my manager, Mr. Yayaxi. "

"Oh," Mansley nodded and smiled, "If my brother-in-law doesn't mind, you can come to me when you shoot the music video for the album."

Bai Lixin's eyes lit up, "Really?"

"Naturally, but it's not because you're my brother-in-law, it's your singing voice and attitude, Mitchell. Keep it up and you could become immortal! "

Bai Lixin nodded heavily, "I am grateful for your kind words. I will not let you down."

Mansley chatted with Hallyvette for a few more moments before leaving.

As the night wore on, Bai Lixin's pheromones began to escape again,and Bai Lixin, who thought he could escape, sighed and was once again done in by Hallyvette.

Time flew by, and in the blink of an eye, two months had passed.

During these two months, Bai Lixin had taken on a few more jobs, mostly in small entertainment shows to warm up. His song "The Call" had become a rapid hit on the internet, with over 300 million hits and over 100 million downloads.

The Original Song Contest quickly took the top spot in the ratings for entertainment shows, with almost all the attention on the network devoted to the remote competition.

Not only because of the superb performances of the singers in it but also because of the sharp comments of the three heavyweight judges, which were called a work of conscience by a host of fans.

After having participated in several variety shows, when Yayaxi offered a job, Bai Lixin politely rejected it.

Over-consumption of himself would only bring about his demise, and constantly exposing himself when he has only just risen to stardom is not good in the long run. Not to mention the fact that, from time to time, he is asked to perform "The Call." It will not be the last song, and he did not want it to be the pinnacle of his career.

Yayaxi couldn't force it when Bai Lixin refused. So, in the month leading up to the next competition, Bai Lixin took a break, doing no work and focusing solely on his song.

The other two artists under Yayaxi were also pushed to work immediately they came into the limelight because of the competition. But unlike Bai Lixin, the two did not turn down offers as they came to the competition in the hope that it would increase their exposure. However, their energy to write songs was instead lessened by the non-stop work, and they were unable to work on their songs calmly.