-49-

I felt so incredibly broken. Naomi had more power over my career than should be allowed.

I hadn't left the bedroom for days. 

"Hi, love" he whispered, climbing in bed with me.

"Hi" 

Liam took my hands in his. "Love, it's been four days" he said.

I shrugged 

"You've barely left the bed and it's worrying me" he said "I bring you food, but you barely touch it"

I didn't want to worry him, I hated that.

"I'm sorry" 

"Why don't we go away for the weekend?" he suggested.

I turned to my other side and looked at him "What do you mean?"

"I mean why don't we leave all this behind for the weekend? We could leave today" 

"Where would we go?" I asked.

He smiled "Leave that to me" he said and kissed me softly.

"Far away from here?" 

He nodded and kissed my forehead "Yes. Don't worry. We'll get away and just forget the world for a while" 

This is why I'm so in love with Liam. He always knows how to help me and make me feel better. He goes out of his way to make me happy and this is how I know he's the one.

"I love you"

He smiled "I love you, too" he got out of bed "Why don't you go ahead and pack and I'll see if someone can take care of Krueger.

"I wish we could bring him"

He nodded "Maybe next time"

I climbed out of bed and figured since I've lived in sweats since the incident, I should try to look nice. The best way to forget your problems is to act like they aren't even happening.

Liam walked in "Okay, I just got off the phone with your dad. He can't have dogs at his flat, but he's offered to stay here with Krueger for the weekend"

"I'd like to see him before he comes over"

"So where are we going?" 

"How about Brighton?" 

I smiled "Really?"

He nodded "It's officially spring, so more things are there to do" 

"You're too good to me" I whispered, against his lips.

He closed the space and kissed me.

We finished packing our bags and he loaded up the car. 

My dad showed up, eager to hang out with Krueger, and happy to see me.

"How are you holding up?"

I shrugged, and he nodded understand.

"I'm just glad you have Liam here with you; I can tell it helps" he smiled "And this decision to go away for the weekend will be good for you"

"Thanks for taking care of Krueger"

"No problem; this furball is great company" he looked at me "Try not to think about it all. Just focus on you and Liam, and have fun"

He pulled me in for a hug.

"I really hope this helps"

"It will if you let it" he pulled away, while Liam walked in.

"Okay, I've got our reservations dealt with, and everything is in the car" he smiled.

"Thanks again, dad" I said, giving him a hug.

He looked at Liam "I'm going to go take my things to the guest bedroom, while you two finish up"

Liam looked at me "This is going to be good, I just know it"

I smiled "Getting away will be good"

"It certainly will" he picked up my guitar and put it in its case.

"What are you doing?"

He looked at me "Putting your guitar in the car"

"You don't have to"

He walked up to me "I know you're nervous about your music right now, but I also know that inspiration hits you at random times. I'm not saying you have to use it, but if you want to it, it's there"

I nodded "Okay"

The main reason I was on board with this weekend trip, was because I knew Liam needed it more than I did. I know that sulking in bed wasn't going to change anything, and it made him sad to see me that way. 

He may think this weekend is for me, but I want it to be just as much for him.

I did hope that I could get my mind off of everything. All I wanted was to have a wonderful weekend with Liam, and fall more in love with him that possible. 

This would be a good weekend.

It had to be.