-89-

Liam had returned from tour at the beginning of February, with Darren and I moving into the house a few weeks after that. 

Darren had turned nine months a week ago, and since returning from tour, Liam had been a very hands on dad.

We were the family that I always dreamed of being.

I started work on my third album this week, after talking it over with Liam. All I wanted to do was spend my time being a mother, but Liam had noticed how much I missed music. I wouldn't be touring anytime soon.

In fact, I don't know if I want to tour again for some time. At this point, I'd only really consider doing residencies again, since they were much easier on my mental health.

"Bex, Jensen, and Ryland were in the studio the other day, and we got the instrumentals for That Pain and Heart Like That, so that is ready for you"

I had been working with a new producer, Thurston Davis. He had helped Colton work on a new EP, and would be helping me with my new album.

He reminded me a lot of Kurt.

"I'm really excited about this" I smiled "I have missed this place, but not as much as I miss my son right now"

He chuckled "How is being a mom?"

"It's great. I was worried that being a mom would be overwhelming, but I'm lucky enough to have such amazing support. That support is the only reason why I'm even somewhat fine going back to work; but I miss him so much"

"You should bring him to the studio sometime" he sat back "So what did you want to discuss?"

I pulled my new songbook from my bag "This book has everything for this album"

"Everything?" he asked, taking it and looking through it.

"There are twenty songs in that book. Fourteen of them will be on the album, the rest for a deluxe edition or whatever. I have them listed in a specific order, and I ideas for each song"

He raised his eyebrow "You put a lot of thought into this"

"This will be the most important album that I put out"

"Why is that?"

I took a deep breath "I don't know when I'm going to record another one; my contract has me down for three albums. I'm not saying I'll never record again, but I've been trying to make some decisions about my life, and depending on how things are when it comes time to finishing this; there are two options for what to do after it's released"

He nodded "I see; have you talked to Simon?"

"Yes; he wants this album to be the best it can be"

"Then let's make the greatest album of your career" he smiled.

There was a knock on the door. Thurston and I both looked over to see Liam, with Darren in one of his chest carriers. 

I couldn't help but laugh at the sight.

Thurston laughed as well "Well that's certainly a sight"

I walked up to them and smiled, while Darren was reaching for me. 

"Did someone miss me?" I asked, taking Darren out and holding him.

"Honestly, he started crying as soon as you left. Even Robert Smith couldn't help him calm down; he just missed you so much" Liam said, not bothering to take the carrier off "I was on my way to go see Niall and Louis, but I thought we'd stop by first and see you"