-90-

There will always be moments in out lives when certain events shift the way things are for us on a normal day.

Thinking about the finality of it all- how in the moment someone can just vanish from your life in the blink of an eye, and just be gone forever. 

Up close, it's too massive to even think about, let alone accept. What are you supposed to do when something like that happens? You can't possible just go on, and go back to normal. 

Losing someone is hard.

Thoughts were swirling inside of me, while I tried to ignore the heartbeat getting louder in my head. 

I just had to wait for moment, for a sign of life out here. 

Rain was pouring down hard with each moment that passed. There was no one here to help even if they could.

My breathing was getting faster and I knew that if I didn't calm down I would pass out; but my heart felt like it was going to tear through my chest with as fast as it was beating. 

This wasn't supposed to happen; this wasn't supposed to happen.

How could something change so quickly?

I shivered from the cold wind and rain that was piercing through my skin. I closed my eyes and the sound went away. The rain was gone and even the thoughts in my head were gone. 

How did we get to this point?

I looked down at the ring on my finger, as a sob escaped my mouth

"Please come back!"

---

2 Weeks Earlier

I turned over to my side, watching Liam sleeping so peacefully. How was it possible that someone could be this handsome? I moved closer to him. 

This was one of the first mornings where Darren's cries didn't wake us up. He had been sleeping much better, and we were beginning to make a nice morning routine.

"Quit staring" Liam muttered, making me giggle.

"How long have you been awake?"

He continued to keep his eyes shut "Just long enough to know that you're staring"

"I'm not are you doing?" he smirked.

"Admiring"

He opened his eyes and let out a yawn "Is Darren still asleep?"

I nodded "I checked on him about twenty minutes ago, and he's still asleep"

"I hope he keeps this up" Liam said, pulling me closer to him.

I brushed my lips against his "Is that so?"

He nodded and very smoothly and quickly put his hand on my waist and turned us over, so he was on top of me.  "It's also been awhile for other certain things."

I lightly blushed "Liam, are you suggesting what I think you're suggesting"

He leaned down, kissing my neck "What do you think"

My eyes rolled back, enjoying the feeling way too much "You're evil"

"Oh you love it" he said, letting his lips linger against me.

I smiled, suddenly feeling nervous. It had been a while since we'd been in this position and I felt like I was young and foolish once more. 

Liam pulled away, but kept his face close to mine "Gracie, what's wrong?"