-88-

"Hurry, Declan" I said, holding Darren in my arms. 

He was squirming in my arms, while I watched Declan hang a "welcome home" sign in the living room. 

Liam had been here twice since leaving for tour, and he'd be here for fourteen days.

It was December 20th, and Darren would be turning 6 months in just a little over two weeks. I was excited to celebrate Christmas with him and he was just obsessed with Christmas lights. 

"How's that?" Declan asked, stepping down from the ladder.

I smiled "That's better"

Declan took Darren from my arms "Are you excited?" Darren laughed as Declan made a silly face "I love watching him try to mimic my expressions"

Darren just loved being around Declan, who always seemed to know how to make Darren smile. 

Darren was also rolling over on his home, and he was able to sit up for a few moments on his own. 

And one of my favorite things about him was how chubby his cheeks were.

He also loved holding things, getting fascinated by it.

It was also very easy to tell that he was my baby, because for some reason listening to The Cure makes him calm down when he's fussy. Pictures of You specifically makes him happy.

"Do I look alright, Declan?" I was nervous about Liam seeing me again, because it seemed I was only recently losing the weight I had gained while pregnant.

Declan smiled "You look beautiful" he made another silly face "Doesn't mummy look pretty?"

Darren giggled.

I love that sound. 

"Let me see him" I said, reaching my hands out to him, while Darren reached out for me "Hi!"

"What time is he supposed to get here?"

I adjusted Darren in my arms and gave him one of his toys "Within the hour, I think"

Declan nodded "You know the thought of having kids terrified me, but that kid has me wrapped around his finger"

I smiled "He's got me wrapped around his finger too; don't you?"

Declan and I sat down, while I put Darren on his play mat.

"It's weird thinking that we'll only be living together for another couple months"

"I know"

He smiled at me "Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm happy for you and Liam"

"Was that a positive comment about Liam"

"See, I regretted it as soon as I said it"

I laughed "Seriously, you're happy for Liam?"

"I'm happy for you; Liam just happens to be part of it"

"Admit it, you like Liam now"

"I will do no such thing. He's still going to be on my watch list, but I will admit that he's no longer at the top"

I smiled "I'm glad you two are finally getting along"

"Yeah, yeah" he sighed "But yeah, I'm glad you're in a good place again"

"You'll be fine on your own here?"

"Well, if I can find a new job closer to you then yeah, I'll live"