-1-

Music. 

It is all about the music. Similar to when I first signed with the label, one song changed it all. When I look back on that day, I barely remember anything. I played and was signed by Simon Cowell himself. 

Moments like that are rare, but if you listen- like really listen you can hear it.

That moment when everything changes. 

Two months have passed since I agreed to enter a public only relationship, with Shay. However, if I knew then what I know now, I never would have said yes when asked to do this.

Shay knows how to keep up the right appearance, which what made me feel like nothing could possibly go wrong. But Shay isn't even someone I want as a friend.

At least I could say that our single was doing great. We've performed on talk shows non-stop and had so many interviews where we have to discuss one another. 

However, just like Shay, I was also good at keeping the right appearance when in public. Put me in front of a camera and I put on a performance that is Oscar worthy, but once those cameras are gone I'm back to being me. 

One thing that isn't going well is all the rumors that are still circling around regarding me and One Direction. I refuse to discuss it when in front of a camera, which of course only makes the rumors get worse and more imaginative. 

Louis, Niall, and Harry are the only ones outside of management and Darren who know the truth about my relationship with Shay. Of course that only happened because they all swarmed me once Liam spoke to them after breaking my heart yet again. 

They all tried to convince him to talk to me, but he doesn't even like my name being mentioned. I had told them that if anyone was going to tell Liam the truth it would be me, but they can't even get him to consider talking about me, let along actually being in the same room. 

Liam was stubborn like that, and currently he is determined to erase me from his life. 

I was currently in a rush to get to the studio to work on a new song, eager to focus on something other than my single with Shay. 

When management saw how well the public was taking to our single and our relationship, they put my album on hold. Darren was producing another artist's album and once he finished that then he could go back to mine.

So for the past two months, it has been nothing but Shay and our single. 

Darren finished mixing the other album over a week ago, which meant I was back to being his main focus for work. I missed being around him so much, and sure we'd hang out and get lunch or something, but it wasn't the same. Darren brought out the best in me when it came to music, and all I wanted currently was to spend every moment in a studio with him.

Niall, Harry, and Louis were going to the studio with me too. Lately they've been around a lot, mostly to make sure that I didn't jump off a cliff or something. They were all being dramatic though. 

I had to get a new songbook, because I have been writing like a mad man, just craving to be in the studio again. It was my only outlet to escape being Shay's perfect girlfriend. 

I ran my hands through my hair, trying to give it a bit more volume and smiled in the mirror. The boys were likely going to assume the worst, because two days ago I got my hair done.

It's black, so I am just waiting for their remarks about how depressed and sad I must be. 

When in reality, my roots were awful and I felt like going for a color that would look good with my style.