-92-

I had finally picked out a gown to wear for the day were eloping. It felt odd thinking about, but I was really excited.

When previously engaged, as happy as I was about the whole thing, I was an anxious mess when actually thinking about this.

I think that's how I knew things would be alright, because I didn't feel anxious about this decision. I felt excited and content. I just knew it was the right thing. 

We were supposed to be leaving tomorrow, so I literally waited until the last minute to get my dress picked out. 

Liam also wouldn't tell me where we were getting married, so that was real helpful.

It's exciting though, because it leaves room for more adventure in our relationship, but I'm having the whole nerves of motherhood hit me though. What if something happens to Darren or if something happens to us?

I know I'm only being paranoid, but given my history, being paranoid is just preparation for me. 

My dad insisted that Darren would be fine though, and with help from the boys and Declan, there was no reason for me to worry.

I was prepared to stay away for three nights though. Staying away from Darren was just something I wasn't ready for. 

I walked upstairs, carrying a large white box with a beautiful black silk bow, keeping it closed. Inside was my gorgeous dress that I was reluctant to buy, but decided that since I had more than enough money, splurging on my appearance wouldn't be bad. 

It was a beautiful white Paolo Sebastian dress that sparkled in all of it's magnificence. It truly was a sight to see. It matched the elegance that I wanted to feel and I knew that Liam would be surprised to see me wearing white, but I knew I'd have my dream black dress when got back. 

I walked into the walk-in-closet and sat it on a shelf, next to my shoe shelf. I smiled, hoping Liam would love it. 

I walked downstairs and saw Liam and Darren on the porch. I smiled at the two and every time I saw them together like this, it melted my heart, because it reminded me that despite all the nonsense that has been brutally tossed in our lives, we finally made it to the high point. 

I walked out to them and sat down on the porch swing, looking at the two.

Darren giggled and reached up to me.

I smiled and picked him up, kissing the top of his head.

Liam stood up and sat down beside me, before kissing my own head "Hello, beautiful. How was dress shopping?"

I smiled "It was interesting"

"Well I can't wait to see you in the dress" he said, wrapping his arm around me.

"When is Louis picking him up?" I asked.

Liam looked at his phone "Pretty soon"

Since Liam and I had a flight later that evening, Louis decided to pick him up, so we can have some alone time, before the flight. He'd then take him over to my dad's place once he got off work. 

"I'm so grateful to know they're here to help" I said, smiling when I saw Darren grin.

Liam nodded "I know what you mean. They love Darren and they're amazing uncles to him"

I rested my head against Liam "I'm going to miss him though. It'll be our first night without him"

Liam sighed "I know, but we have to trust them and know that they will have nothing but Darren's best interest in mind"