-25-

Niall's POV

I was walking around a park, enjoying the weather before it started raining soon. 

My life was pretty uneventful lately, and that mostly had to do with me. I didn't want to get too caught up in anything after how crazy everything got on tour. 

I appeared fine around the others, but I was still trying to adjust to just being friends with Gracie. It was easier said than done, but my feelings were the last thing that she should bee worrying about. And, I was so happy to see her happy with Liam; no matter how hard it was to watch sometimes. 

"Look out!" someone shouted.

Before I had a chance to move out of the way, or even look behind me, whoever it was went flying into a bush, taking me down as well.

"Ow! Your elbow is in my boob!" she shouted.

I quickly moved and groaned as I stood up, ignoring the cuts I had gotten from the whole ordeal.

That was the last thing I expected to happen to me today. I popped my neck, trying to help with the pain from landing in such a strange position. 

I put my sunglasses back on and extended my hand to her "Let me help you"

She took it and I helped her back to her feet "Thanks" she brushed the little pieces of leaves that were covering her jeans, while we stepped back onto the sidewalk "Sorry about crashing into you like that"

I watched her pick up her skateboard. 

"Just try and watch out" I chuckle.

"Nice accent; it's cute" she smiled "I'm Lulu"

I smiled back "I'm uh, James"

"So I'm Leslie, but everyone calls me Lulu or Cherry" she said, putting her hand out for me to shake.

I smiled and shook her head "I'm uh James" I said.

"Nice to meet you" she took off her hoodie and fixed her light brown hair, pulling a leave out of it. 

"Are you alright?" I asked.

She nodded and looked at me "Why are you wearing sunglasses out while it's this cloudy?"

"I'm walking off a hangover"

"Fair enough" she chuckled. 

Now that I was getting a good look at her, she had a semi-tomboy look to her, but it really suited her. 

I noticed the Adidas she was wearing and smiled "I like your look"

"Thanks; I used to get teased for not being all that girly, but fuck 'em"

I liked how blunt she was.

"Are you learning to use the skateboard?" I asked.

She smiled "No, I just have it out for Irish guys, and this is how I'm choosing to take them out"

"I see you're also sarcastic"

"Yeah, I tend to abuse it" she said "But, um, I've been skateboarding since I was about eleven; there was this squirrel that just kind of popped up out of nowhere and I didn't want to hit it"

"So you hit me instead?" I laughed. 

She smiled "No I just have it out for Irish guys and I decide to take them out that way" she said, smirking.

We started walking down the sidewalk "Tell me about yourself"

"What would you like to know?"

"Anything"

She smiled "I'm really big on art and photography"

"That's interesting"

"What about you?"

I looked away "I like to sing"

"What kind of music?"

"I guess pop"

"Pop gets too generic for me"

I smiled "What do you listen to then?"

"Well, I love Frank Sinatra, Louis Armstrong, Renee Olstead, Michael Buble" 

"I love Michael Buble" I said, a little too excited.

"Really?"

I noded "Haven't Met You Yet is my go-to shower song"

"That's a good one"

We sat down on a bench that was next to a gazebo. 

I slowly took off my sunglasses and she smiled at me "I like your eyes"

"You do?"

"Yeah, they're better than my weird and indecisive hazel eyes" she smiled and took my hand "Come with me"

"Where are we going?"

"To the swings; I get too antsy when I sit for long, so this way we can sit and I can be entertained.

I chuckled. This girl was a bit weird, but I kinda liked it. 

We sat down and she looked at me as she started swinging "How old are you?"

"Nineteen"

"That's cool; I'm about to be eighteen in a few months"

I started swinging "What kind of art do you do?"

"I paint; I could show you sometime if you want"

This girl didn't seen to ever get nervous about anything.

"I'd like that. 

She came to a stop as the rain started pouring down on us, making us both run to the gazebo to avoid getting too wet. 

"Well this is fun" she said, laughing "But as fun as this is, I have to get to my art studio"

"Yeah, I have to go meet up with my mates"

I nervous messed with my hair "Would you like to hang out again sometime?"

"I'd love to"

We exchanged numbers in our phone and she went to leave, but stopped and gave me a kiss on the cheek "It was nice to meet you James; you turned my boring day into something quite nice"

I watched her leave and smiled to myself.