-14-

After spending the last few hours attempting to relax and process everything that had happened, I finally headed home, only to find Harry and Zayn there.

Putting up streamers of all things.

"What are you doing?"

Zayn looked over at me "Well we didn't want you being alone tonight"

"That doesn't answer the question"

"We went to get drinks, and we found streamers" Harry explained "We didn't want everything to look so depressing"

I tilted my head, confused "But they're black"

Zayn scoffed "Yeah, because that's your favorite color"

I dropped my things on the couch "You mentioned drinks?"

Harry nodded "There is a wide variety"

"Okay, I'll play along for now"

Harry poured a drink for me and walked over "You look like you could use this"

I happily took it and swallowed it down.

"It's that kind of night, huh?"

"Another please?" I asked, smiling.

Zayn grabbed my laptop "Want some music?"

I nodded "Yes"

Harry returned with a refill "Just pace yourself"

"Of course" I said, downing the drink.

"Yeah, just like that"

I sat back in my seat "It's been a really long day, and I just want to say"

"Fuck it all?" Zayn asked.

"Yes, exactly!"

"No, I mean, you have a playlist on here titled that. Is this an appropriate time for such a playlist?"

"Very"

"Got it" he said, playing the music, turning it up.

I smiled a the song playing, mouthing along to the words, until the chorus hit and I belted it out, not caring that I may have sounded awful.

I've given up
I'm sick of feeling
Is there nothing you can say?
Take this all away
I'm suffocating!
Tell me what the fuck is wrong with me! 

I looked over at both of them "Did you get an invitation to Shay's birthday party?"

"Yes, but the only reason we'll be attending is for you, especially since we can only imagine how he's going to act at an event that is entirely revolved around him" Zayn said.

Harry returned with another drink "What are you going to wear?"

"Management sent over a stylist the other day, since they want me to match him" I rolled my eyes "But I say screw that"

"What are you going to wear then?"

"I don't know, but I'm going to show up, looking so hot, and drink the night away as I attempt to ignore Shay entirely"

Harry chuckled "That's a plan, I guess" 

"What? It's not like I'm his girlfriend and have to impress everyone with how in love I am; oh but wait, I do" I finished the drink and held it back out to Harry.