-10-

Liam's POV

I was still in a high from last night. Gracie and I talked until both of us had to leave, and it just felt so natural being around her.

She looked so happy after the awards; well she looked happy whenever she wasn't around Shay.

I really did miss her deeply. My feelings for her were still there, and there was no way I could pretend they didn't exist anymore. However, she was still with Shay. 

It seemed like the most I could hope for was her friendship. After how realizing how badly I missed her, I would gladly settle for that. 

When we left the after party, I found out from Louis that she had been getting so much hate online, all because of videos that our fans took from the last concert of the tour. 

I can't for the life of me figure out how I didn't know that was going on. It made me feel awful, because I know my shitty attitude lately was probably making it worse. 

She told me last night that there were dozens of drafts on her laptop when she attempted to talk to me. There were so many times I wanted to try and talk to her, but i couldn't even bring myself to try.

I wish she would have sent the emails and texts, because I'd like to think I would have replied to them. Maybe things wouldn't have gotten this bad between us.

It made sense why she didn't though. She was under the impression that I hated her, which I'll admit I didn't make easier for her to think that was the truth. If I had quit worrying about my pride, things could have been handled better.

I walked out into my living room, seeing Harry and Niall playing a video game "Where are Lou and Zayn?"

"They went over to see Gracie" Niall said, not taking his eyes off the game.

"How is she?"

Harry scoffed "She's not with Shay, so great"

Niall gave him a look and elbowed him. 

"Why do you say that?"

Niall set the controller down "Shay is making her miserable"

If he's making her miserable then why doesn't she just end the relationship?

"What do you mean?"

Harry sighed "She's just not the same anymore"

Niall nodded in agreement.

What the hell was going on between them? The way they acted looked more like a business deal than an actual relationship. They showed little emotion towards one another when alone, but when in front of a crowd or cameras they appeared to be the happiest couple out there 

"Then why is she with him?" 

"I guess there's just something about him that's keeping her attached" Niall said, looking pissed as he spoke. 

Their behavior and attitude towards Shay only made me more confused. 

There had to be something about him that she liked, since she was staying with him. In some way he had to be a decent boyfriend, but maybe he only showed it when the two of them were alone. 

I grabbed my keys off the kitchen counter and headed towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Harry asked. 

"I'm going to go talk to Gracie"

They quickly stood and practically ran to the front door, standing in front of it.

"Are you sure you want to do that?" Niall asked. 

"Yes"

Niall jumped in front of me "But what if she's busy?"

Why were they trying to stop me from leaving?

"Then I'll wait" I said, pushing them aside and walking out the door. 

I couldn't stop thinking about their behavior as I drove to her flat. Something was seriously wrong about all of this and I felt like I was missing way too much information.

I came to a stop and looked out my window, seeing Shay in the car beside me, with another girl.

What the hell?

I rolled my window down, wanting to make sure that it was Shay. He noticed me staring and smirked, before kissing the girl in the car with him.

My grip tightened against the steering wheel as I waited for the light to turn. He had some nerve to be so comfortable doing that in public, as well as throwing it in my face. 

How was I going to tell Gracie? She would be crushed to find another guy cheating on her. When I made the same mistake I regretted it as soon as it happened, but Shay looked like he was enjoying it. 

Gracie deserved better. 

I continued driving trying to relax, but pulled over, needing to try and relax so it didn't mess with my focus

He looked like he didn't have a single care in the world. As I looked at the clock, I decided to just go back home and figure out how I was going to tell her this. I would see her tomorrow, cause I didn't have it in me to ruin today, after how amazing last night was.