-63-

After sitting in the car for over an hour, I finally started heading to the house.

I was hoping that the weather wasn't a preview of how the night was going to be. It was pouring rain and thundering like crazy, making my nervous as I drove along the road. 

My mind kept racing with thoughts of Liam and all the high points of our relationship. There was no way that we would go through everything just to let it all fall apart of something that was so stupid. 

All the fighting and bickering happened over the stupidest things that didn't even matter, but it manifesting into where we are now. We were cold towards one another, and neither one of us was happy. 

It's a cruel world, but it didn't mean we needed to act that way towards one another. 

I slowly drove up to the house, taking deep breaths as I prepped myself to go up to that door. The rain had only gotten worse, making me mad that I didn't bring at least a hoodie. 

What was I even going to say to him?

Normally I would practice the conversation in my head and prepare myself for any outcome, but I just couldn't focus. 

I finally got out of the house and ran up to the house, getting soaked in the process. I took a deep breath and rang the doorbell, feeling myself become more anxious as the seconds added up. 

"One moment!" Liam yelled from inside. 

The weather was picking up, and I knew that there was no way in hell I'd be able to drive back to the studio if this ended badly. 

Liam looked surprised to see me as he opened up the door "Hi"

He looked different somehow. Sure time had passed since I'd last seen him, but I didn't realize just how much time it was until now. I'm sure the stress of working on the tour only made me not notice him, but he was just so different. 

His hair had grown out, and he had facial hair now. It suited him. 

He was dressed in dirty clothing, and looked like he had been busy. 

"Can I come in?"

He nodded and stepped out of the way. 

When I walked in, I could already see that he had done so much on the house. The walls were painted and new furniture had been brought in. 

He said he wanted to fix it up, and he had certainly been keeping busy with it. 

"What are you doing here?" he asked, closing the door.

"I need to see you"

He nodded and started walking to the kitchen "Would you like a drink?"

"Sure" I said, following after him and setting my bag on the new counter top. 

"Anything in particular?" 

"Water is fine" 

He nodded and gave me a water bottle.

"This house is looking really good" I said, taking a drink.

"I've been using it to keep my mind off of things"

"What all have you been working on?" I asked, feeling myself growing too scared to do what I came here for.

He gave me a look "Gracie, why are you here?"

"I told you, I wanted to see you"

"You haven't seen me in awhile though; why now?"

I set the drink down and looked up at him "We need to talk"

"About what?" 

"You know exactly what we need to talk about"

"Are you going to apologize?" 

I looked at him, surprised "What?"

He shrugged "You overreacted"

"I overreacted? Liam, you've been hiding away at this house, ignoring my calls"

"You've been sleeping at the studio"

I looked away "You don't see what you did wrong, did you?" I sighed "Liam, we both need to apologize to one another"

He shook his head "I don't have anything to apologize for"

"Fine, then I will just go back to the studio; I guess I'll see you after the tour"

He rolled his eyes "It's pouring out there, Gracie. You'll have to stay here for the night"

"Fine"

He led me up the stairs to the master bedroom, opening up the French doors and I was so surprised to see it. 

It was so beautiful. 

"Your close are in the closet; they're in boxes, but they're there" he muttered.

I turned to him, hoping he wouldn't leave. Why wouldn't I just pull him into my arms and tell him everything that was going on?

"I'll leave you alone" he said, walking to the doors "Gracie?"

"Yes?"

He went to say something, but stopped "If you need anything I'll either be in the room down the hall or in the living room" he said, leaving. 

I sat down on the bed. 

I knew exactly what I did and how difficult I made things for him. I was here to apologize and fix things, but he didn't see any of the things that he did to me.

We were both in the wrong, but why was I the only one that could see that?

I closed my eyes, trying hard not to cry. 

In a perfect world, he'd crash through those doors and we'd be each others arms, unable to leave one another.

I told Colton nearly everything that I was feeling, but why couldn't I just go downstairs and do the same in front of Liam?

Was I really this weak around him? 

This can't be the end; I won't let it happen.