-87-

Darren was born on July 6th, and just as quickly as he got here, a little over a month had passed since. 

Declan and Liam had been such a massive help when it came to Darren. I swear they were the only reason I got any sleep. I still spent most of my time with Darren, enjoying every moment of it.

Liam was leaving for his tour tomorrow, and I was having a hard time accepting that. 

"I swear the days are getting shorter" I said.

Liam nodded, while he continued to pack his clothes.

I had just placed Darren in his crib after spending over an hour trying to get him to fall asleep.

"How long do you think we'll have before he wakes up?"

"Hopefully long enough to get you packed" I smiled.

Liam walked over and wrapped his arms around me "This past month has been amazing"

"I know, but I just wish that it didn't have to end"

"Hey, it's not ending. I'm just going away for a bit; you know that I'll be back"

I turned to face him "I finally made a decision"

"About?"

"When you officially come back from the tour, Darren and I are moving into the house"

He grinned "Are you serious?"

I nodded "Declan is going to keep staying here, but he hopes over the next year he can move closer to London"

"I have a question, and there's no wrong answer to it"

"Okay"

"Where do we stand right now, with this relationship?"

I smiled "I love you, Liam. I feel like we're doing so well right now, and as scared as I am, I'm ready to take this next step with you"

"Does this mean we're officially back together?"

"I hope so"

Liam grinned and kissed me, making me feel way too emotional.

I pulled away "As much as I love that, do you understand how hard it will be to say goodbye?"

"Yes, I know completely"

"Do you think we can really get through a tour this time?"

He nodded "I know that we can; we've been through too much to let something as little as a tour get between us again"

"I'll make sure to send pictures of Darren, so it feels like you aren't missing anything"

"Good, but send me some pictures of you too; I'm going to miss waking up to you every morning"

I frowned "What time do you leave tomorrow?"

"Seven"

I groaned and put my head to his chest "It's too soon. I'm still far too emotional to actually process this like a normal person"

"You won't be alone; you'll have Darren, Krueger, and Declan here with you"

"I know, but it's not enough; does that make me selfish"

"No" he kissed the top of my head "If I could, I'd take you on your with me; we both know that Darren shouldn't spend a majority of his first year on a bus"

I nodded "I know"

Darren's cries broke us apart and we headed towards the nursery, finding Krueger laying on the floor next to his crib.

"I swear this dog spends his nights in here now" Liam commented.

I took Darren out of the crib and sat down with him in the rocking chair "It's okay"

Liam approached me "Can I hold him?"

I nodded and handed him over to Liam.

Liam looked down at him, looking sad "I'm going to miss you so much" 

"He doesn't know it, but I know he'll miss you too"

Darren was still fussy, but started calming down as Liam softly started singing to him.

My eyes watered, knowing that it wasn't fair that Liam was going to get pulled away this quickly from our son.

"Hey, it's okay" Liam said, noticing me "Do I need to sing to you too?"

I smiled "Maybe"

"That can be arranged" he looked back down at Darren, who was cooing "Is that so, little man?" he chuckled.

How was I going to handle not having Liam here with me? At one point, I thought I could deal with it, but it's not so much that I needed him here; I just wanted him to be here to see Darren grow up.

At this point, I was full on crying.

"Gracie" Liam spoke.

I shook my head "I'm fine; I'll be fine"

"I know you won't"

I took a deep breath "I just hate that you're going to miss everything"

"I'll be back before the end of the month"

"But then you'll be gone again"

"And I'll be back, then leave again, and then I'll be back for good"

I wiped my eyes "I know I'm being irrational, but it's an emotional time for us right now"

"I know, and I greatly appreciate that Declan is staying in a hotel tonight, we can just enjoy tonight, just the three of us"

"Four"

"Right, we have to include Krueger"

I knew that it would get easier after he left, because it was probably just the anticipation of him and leaving that was making me act this way. 

The first couple weeks would no doubt be hard, but it would get easier at some point.

Liam smiled at Darren before placing him back in his crib, then walking over to me and pulling me to my feet "I love you, Gracie Dixon"

"I love you, Liam Payne"