-48-

"Are you actually ready to record now?" Naomi asked, snarky as always.

I nodded, waiting for the music to start.

"If this doesn't work; I really suggest we put your album on hold until you can handle the pressure of creating a follow up"

Liam shook his head, keeping his mouth shut, but so clearly pissed.

Harry mumbled some things.

"What was that?" she asked.

He shook his head "Nothing"

"That's what I thought"

(Play video)

Ooh, mmm...oh

Furtive lies and insinuation
All designed to tarnish my reputation
And devised by you without explanation
Tell me why
Why ya spreading all these lies
Mmm

I try hard to end all this chaos
But when you disparage me
You betray us
Said we'd be friends until the end
And now I'm crushed
Tell me why
Why you feel the need to lie

Baby lies
They poison everything in sight
Those who lie
Can never keep track or take them back
Baby lies
Keep messin' with the sleep at night
You never can disguise
Transparent lies

What you said continue to taunt me
And the way you squander love
Well it haunts me
Baby, open your eyes and maybe you'll see
Your heart cries, listen and apologize

Baby lies
They poison everything in sight
Those who lie
Can never keep track or take them back
Baby lies
Keep messin' with your sleep at night
You never can disguise
Transparent lies

I gotta story you wanna tell
About a girl who loved a guy more than life itself
But he got overwhelmed and undermined himself
Telling lies, flagrant lies
Lies...ooh

Baby lies, ooh
Transparent lies,
Lies, lies, lies, lies
Why you telling me lies
Lies 

When the music stopped, I looked at Naomi, just waiting for her to fire back with some disparaging remark. 

She sighed "It'll do, but I'm not impressed. Maybe with everything you've been through, the car accident, Darren, everything; you're just not cut out to meet expectations. Management has been disappointed in your work lately. I hate that I have to tell them that you're just not taking it seriously"

I left the booth, feeling mad.

Liam stood "That is enough! Naomi, I've had it with you treating Gracie like she's nothing, and then talking down to her like she's a child. She is hard-working, dedicated, and you are refusing to do you job. Instead, you prance around like you're this hot shot producer, but I can't think of anything you've done that's been successful. Face it, you're not a real producer, and you won't be until you get off your high horse"

Liam had snapped.

He walked up to Naomi, while she stayed seated, staring up at him annoyed. 

"Are you quite done?"

"No, I'm not. You've got a major attitude, and you clearly don't like Gracie. She deserves a different producer, one who will actually work on this album instead of destroying it with overproducing and little care"

Harry and I watched, waiting to see what would happen.

"She doesn't deserve any of this" he continued.

She smiled up as she stood "You're right, she doesn't deserve any of this" she looked at me "Until further notice, you're album is on hold"

"You can't do that; you don't have the power" Harry said.

"No, but last time I checked, you can't release an album without a producer" she looked at me "And I think I'm too busy to help, at least for the rest of the year"

I stood there, unable to speak. I don't even think I could move.

Naomi left the studio, leaving us in the destruction of her path.

"Gracie, breathe" Harry said.

"I don't think I can"

Naomi walked back in to get her things "You're still here? Leave, you're not wanted here"

I grabbed my things, rushing out of the building while Harry and Liam followed after me. As soon as I got outside, I dropped my things and wrapped my arms around my stomach, letting out a sob.

"GRacie!" Liam said, rushing to me.

"I can't deal with this anymore!" I said, trying to control my breathing. I knew Simon wouldn't be fine with this, but what if if my singing wasn't good? 

Would he side with Naomi in all of this?

Oh god. What if I was dropped from the label?

"I can feel everything ending" I sobbed.

Harry grabbed all my things and we started walking to the car, while Liam kept his arm around me.

---

Liam's POV

I've never been so pissed at someone before in my life. The way she treated Gracie was just wrong, but now she has gone too fucking far.

Gracie took one of her pills for anxiety and she fell asleep in the bedroom. 

I didn't have it in me to wake her.

The more I thought about it the more infuriated I got. I went to punch a wall, but Harry stopped me. 

"Just breathe"  he said, pulling me away into the living room.

"How could she do that!"

Harry covered my mouth "Don't yell, you'll wake her"

I nodded, knowing that he were right. I sat down on the couch and put my head in my hands "She's in so much pain, and I'm forced to just sit back and watch; I feel like such a lousy boyfriend"

"Liam, I promise you that you're not a bad boyfriend. You're only human, and I know you want to fix every problem, but you can't. You just have to be there for her"

I shook my head "I want Naomi fired; she doesn't deserve this job"

"There's no way in hell Simon is going to let this happen, just give it time"