-108-

It was the beginning of September, and so much was already changing. 

One Direction had released their new single Drag Me Down, after going away for a few days to film the music video. 

I was going to be finishing my album this month, and everything was just so emotional whenever I thought about it. 

When I returned home, I was surprised to find Liam making dinner in the kitchen.

"What are you up to?"

He smiled "I was hoping to get it all set up before you got home"

"What have I done to deserve this kind of treatment?" I asked.

"Last week, when I joined you at your therapy session, I just really saw what you were going through. I see you getting better everyday, but I also know that you're still struggling" he smiled and wrapped his arms around me "I wanted to spoil you tonight with a bunch of stuff"

"So there's more than dinner?" 

He nodded "Darren is over at your dad's, Declan is packing up the rest of his things at the bungalow; it's just us tonight"

"Just us?"

"Just us"

I smiled "I like the sound of that"

He picked me up, setting me on the counter "I realized that since we got back, I haven't been showing you the love that you deserve"

"Liam, I know that you love me"

"Yes, but I haven't been showing it enough. Which is why I wanted to devote tonight to showing you just how much I love you"

I smiled "What's for dinner?"

"Pasta"

"I hope that means there's garlic bread"

He gave me a look and walked over to the oven, opening it "Already cooking"

"I love when you make me garlic bread"

"And I love making it for you" he chuckled.

"What else do you have planned?" I asked.

He checked on the pasta before coming back over to me "I got a new bottle of wine, made a playlist" he smiled "I got things for you to relax in the tub"

"Ooh, now you've got me all excited"

He stroked my cheek "I love you, Gracie"

I kissed him softly "I love you too"

He poured me a glass of wine "Now go sit down, and relax; I will be doing everything for you tonight.

---

After finishing dinner, we were sitting on the back patio, finishing the bottle of wine. 

"That was so delicious, Liam" I said, taking a drink.

He smiled "I'm glad you enjoyed it"

Music played in the background.

"Can I be cheesy for a moment?"

"You wouldn't be the man I love if you weren't" I smiled.

(Play video)

He turned up the music "Dance with me"

I chuckled "What?"

"Come on, we never had a first dance" he stood and held his hand out to me. 

I finished the rest of my wine and stood with him.

"When's the last time we danced together?" I asked.

He smiled "Brighton"

"Was it really that long ago? It almost feels like another life"

"Doesn't it?"

I put my head to his chest "I like this song"

"I thought you might"

"Liam?"

"Yes, love?"

I looked up at him "I love you for doing all of this; you have no idea how much it means to me"

"If I could plan evenings like this every night then I would, but we have a child and that seems unrealistic" he chuckled.

"Will you always want to dance with me?" I asked.

He nodded "Especially when we're old and grey" 

"I wonder how things will be a year from now. Whenever I look back, every year changes so much, and I just want to look back a year from now and smile"

He smiled "I can't say for certain how a year from now will go, but as long as you are by my side, and our son is happy and healthy" he kissed my forehead "I think we'll be pretty damn lucky"

"If we have that then I'll be so grateful"

Liam looked down at me, pulling me closer into his arms and kissed me hard.

I kissed back, grabbing a handful of his hair. 

Getting lost like this still came so naturally, no matter how long it had been since we did. 

He pulled away "How about we go upstairs?"

"That sounds good"

He picked me up, making me laugh as he carried me upstairs.