-33-

Liam's POV

"Liam, it's beautiful; Gracie will love it" Zayn said, looking at the engagement ring that I had bought recently. 

"You don't think it's too soon?" Niall asked.

I shook my head "I have no idea when I'd propose to her, but I came across this ring, and I just knew that it was meant for her"

"So you bought a ring that you may not even use for a few years?" Harry asked.

I smiled at the ring "I know she's the girl I'm going to marry; what's wrong with being ready?"

Niall pat me on the shoulder "Whenever you do propose, she'll say yes"

"She'll definitely say yes" Zayn said, smiling.

Harry chuckled "Does this mean you'll have little Payne's running around shortly after?"

I shook my head "Not that fast; we both have careers that we want and need to focus on" I put the ring box back where I was storing it.

"How is Gracie doing?" Louis asked. 

"She's been a little sick lately, but she called me an hour ago to let me know that she's still going to the event"

"Then why are getting ready with us?"

I looked at him "Darren is picking her up"

"Darren is?" Harry asked.

"Yeah"

He gave a small nod and went back to fixing his tie. 

---

Gracie's POV

After getting dressed, I finished putting on my makeup and stared at myself in the mirror. I placed my hands on my stomach, imaging what it would feel like to have a full pregnancy bump.

It made me softly smile.

I was still unsure of how to handle this, but I had decided that when I told Liam we would sit down and figure out our options.

We just needed to talk about it.

I took one final look at myself in the mirror, pinning my hair back a bit so it wouldn't all be in my face. 

(Picture of outfit)

As much as I loved this dress, I felt so bloated in it. 

If anything it meant that just because I was going to this event, it didn't mean I'd be partying all night. 

I looked at my phone, knowing that Darren was going to be here soon to come get me. He and I also needed to have a talk, because there was such a weird feeling between us. 

Usually I could distract a lot with my music, but Darren is my partner when it comes to music, so I was finding it hard to lose myself in the music like I was used to. He knew that something was up, and I just hoped that talking everything out with him wouldn't result in a massive mess that couldn't be fixed. 

There was a knock at the door, and I grabbed my clutch, opening the door to find Darren there.

"Wow, Gracie; are you sure you were sick earlier?" he asked, smiling at me.

I looked down at my appearance "This is appropriate for this whole thing, right?'

He nodded "Yeah, it's formal, but not that formal; you look really beautiful though"

"Thank you" I looked down at my phone and sent a text to Liam, letting him know that we were leaving the house.

Darren led me out to the car and helped me in.

I turned to him as he sat next to me "What are you going to tell management about my album?"

"Just that we're still fixing up the album and we might need more time"

"I just want it to be great"

"Gracie, your music is great; we just have to get an official tracklist ready, which is hard since you've only committed to about three songs" he sighed "I do know that when it is ready, I'll probably have to pull an all-nighter just to finish the mixing"

I looked at him "Can I be at the studio while you're finishing it up? I was on tour when you were working on the first one, and I just want to be there to experience"

He smiled "Of course you can be in the studio; I'd love that" he chuckled "You might find it a bit boring though"

"I'm never bored when we work on music"

We started driving away and I took a deep breath, feeling unsettled by everything that was troubling me about today.