-9-

Liam's POV

We still had some time before the show started, but I didn't even care how long it took. The only thing I could focus on was Gracie.

She looked so gorgeous in that red dress, and the fact that we were both dressed in velvet made me smile. 

How was Shay not all over her? Not that I wanted to see it, but if I was her date to this thing I don't think I'd be able to keep my hands to myself. 

One thing that was clear though was how uncomfortable she looked around Shay. 

It seemed like every single time he said something that only she could hear it upset her. Seeing her that upset made me upset. 

How was I supposed to be mad at her? I'm more mad that I can't get mad!

Even though she hurt me, seeing her smile still made me nervous; and hearing her laugh made my heart happy.  

Harry cleared his throat "You're staring again"

I quickly looked away from her "I am not" I went to look at Zayn, but instead I locked eyes with Gracie instead. 

She smiled at me, but her eyes held so much pain. 

Something had changed about her, something that made me worry. 

I turned to look at Zayn, but locked eyes with Gracie instead.

"So when are you performing, Gracie Gray?" Louis asked.

As much as I hated it, she took her eyes off me and looked at Louis to answer his question. Wait did he say that she was performing? 

"I think I'm the second or third performer" Her expression changed, this smile seemed much more genuine.

"The song is amazing" Zayn said, smiling at Gracie.

How does he know what the song is? Well it's because he has been spending most of his time with her.

That bothered me, it was like they were together.

Wasn't it just a short time ago, he was on my side? Now it seemed like they were attached at the hip. 

Of course that upset me, because I wanted to be around her. I just wish I knew why they were always spending so much time together.

She then looked at me and lightly smiled.

"Gracie go get me a drink" Shay said, not taking his eyes of his phone.

He seemed way too comfortable barking orders at her. How was he content with speaking to her like that?

"You have two legs, why don't you use them" she said, making me chuckle.

Shay looked up, immediately glaring at me while the lads just looked amused. 

"Um you have two legs why don't you use them" she said, making me laugh.

Shay looked up and glared at me, while the lads just grinned "Whatever" he muttered and got up and left for the bar.

Louis sighed "Can Shay just go die in a hole already?"

"Louis, please don't" she said, sadly.

I could see that he didn't have much respect for her, but they all seemed to hate him for more than that. Every time Shay would speak they would all look so incredibly annoyed.

They all acted as if Shay was beating her or something; though Gracie would never be with someone like that. 

Gracie's phone lit up and as soon as she looked at it her expression looked even more depressed.