-75-

I woke up to light streaming through the thing white curtains. I turned to the other side of the bed, to cuddle up with Liam.

Last night had been amazing. Her certainly hadn't lost his touch in bed. 

I moved my arm around, before opening my eyes to find Liam not in bed. I sat up, wrapping the sheet around myself.

Where was he?

"Liam?" I called out, hoping he was in the bathroom, but I didn't get an answer.

I looked on the nightstand, hoping to find a note or something, but the more I looked around the more I saw that his bag was gone too.

There's no way he'd leave without saying something.

Did he though?

How could he just leave after we finally got to see one another again? There's no way he just came here to have sex.

I took a deep breath, needing to relax and stop overthinking all of this. Maybe he just went to get coffee or breakfast. 

But why would he leave when there's room service?

He wouldn't just leave; I mean, it's Liam. He never said when he'd have to go back home, but then he never actually answered me when I asked if he would be here when I woke up. 

All he did was tell me not to think about it. 

What if last night meant something different to him?

I picked up my phone and saw nothing from him. I shook my head and called Colton, trying not to freak out.

"Hello?" he asked, clearly just waking up..

My breathing was shaky "I need you in my room; I think I'm about to have an anxiety attack"

"What happened?"

"Please, just come over"

"I'm on my way"

I hung up and got dressed in a baggy shirt and shorts, trying to make sense of this. I left the door open, while I crawled back in bed, looking at the spot where Liam was laying when I fell asleep.

My eyes watered.

Did he just wait for me to fall asleep and then leave?

Colton walked in "What's wrong?"

"Liam's gone"

He closed the door and walked towards the bed "What do you mean gone?"

"We had a great night together, and now his stuff is gone and he didn't even bother saying goodbye"

"When you say great night, you mean?"

I looked at him "We had sex" my breathing got faster and he walked over to me, rubbing my back.

"Okay, you need to focus on your breathing" he said, trying to comfort me.

I shook my head "How could he do this? I told him that I couldn't handle it if I woke up alone, and he still slept with me and left" I looked down, thinking about last night "Fuck!"

"What?"

"We didn't use protection"

He nodded "We need to go to a pharmacy"

"Liam should be here" I muttered. 

"Come on; maybe he'll be here when we get back" he said, while I got my shoes on.

I shook my head "I wouldn't hold your breath"

Liam was usually here the morning after, or at least close by. It figures that the most important morning after he just disappears. 

We stood in the lobby, waiting for the car to come get us. I couldn't stop staring at the entrance, hoping that Liam would walk in and be here for this. 

Colton put his hand on my back "The car's here"

---

After sitting in the car, I felt like I could barely move. I thought things were getting better between Liam and I, but it was starting to feel like he came here to say goodbye, instead of continue this relationship.

Colton was inside buying the morning after pill for me. 

How could I be so stupid? I let my guard down and got so caught up in him that I didn't care that we didn't stop to prepare for it. 

Tears started running down my face, as I kept replaying everything over in my head. There was no warning sign of something being wrong, but we still got to this point. 

Colton got back in the car, handing me the bag "Make sure to read the instructions on the box" he noticed that I was crying "It's going to be okay, Gracie"

I rested my head against him and he put his arm around me "I don't know what to do"

"Let him call you, and then just take it one step at a time" he looked down at me "Are you going to be okay to perform tomorrow?"

I nodded "I have a feeling I'm about to turn to my music more than ever"

"That's not a bad thing"

"No, it's not; but it still hurts"

---

We were back on the tour bus, on our way to Dallas for the concert tomorrow. 

I was in the back, experiencing horrible cramp from the pill. 

Colton walked in "How's it going"

"It hurts so fucking bad" I complained "And I keep feeling nauseous"

"Do you need me to get anything for you?"

"I'd appreciate some water"

He nodded "I hate asking, but have you heard from Liam?"

"No" I looked down "How could he do this to me, Colton? We were making all this progress, but I keep looking back, trying to find signs of something to explain why this happened"

"Have you found anything?"

"Absolutely nothing; I just don't get it" I wiped my eyes "It fucking hurts, Colton"

He should be with me to help me go through this, but instead he's gone and I have all these questions that he's not here to answer. 

I never got emotional after having sex, or experienced anything like this. Waking up alone has left me feeling alone and used. Liam wasn't supposed to do this to me. 

How could he?

Colton left to go get me a water and the more I thought about it, the more I started crying. 

Liam was right; things have changed.

He didn't recognize me anymore, and I now felt like I didn't know who he was. Did he even hesitate before leaving, or did he just leave without thinking?

Before we had sex, he asked me if I knew that he loved me. I had said yes without even thinking, because how could I question something I just knew?

But now I wasn't too sure if he did.