-29-

After recording the song with Darren two more times, I returned home to start packing. 

I packed six different outfits, because I had absolutely no idea what I would need. I also made sure to include outfits that I knew made Liam extra touchy. 

Krueger came running up to me and jumped on top of the bed. I was sad he couldn't join us, but Liam had already arranged everything. Darren would be stopping by after he left the studio and before we left. 

There was a knock on the front door and I ran to go get it. As I opened it, Krueger ran up to Darren and started licking his hand. 

This dog sure loved everyone. 

Darren walked in "Are you excited about the trip?"

I nodded "Apparently you know more about it than I do"

"Trust me, you'll love this"

I softly smiled "Thanks for taking care of Krueger"

"Are you kidding? I love this dog"

Liam walked through the front door and smiled at Darren "Hey; thanks again for helping out"

"Sure thing" Darren smiled.

I looked at him. How many times did he force a smile like that around Liam and I?

Liam looked at me "Are you almost ready?"

"Yeah, just about" 

I walked back to the bedroom to finish packing up my makeup, while they stood in the kitchen and talked.

Darren handed some papers "Here's all the information you'll need"

"Thanks again for keeping this a secret"

"Gracie will love it, and she'll be great at it" 

What would I be great at?

I finished packing up my things and walked out, carrying an overnight back and my backpack "I'm all done"

Darren sighed "Well I'll get going; let me know how it goes" he put the leash on Krueger and I ran up to him, giving him some love before he left. 

I stood up "Bye, Darren"

He smiled "Have fun"

Liam grabbed my things "The car is outside for us"

I made sure everything in the house was taken care of before locking up, while Liam put all our things in the car. 

We got in the car and he squeezed my hand "You're going to love this"

---

After a train ride, we reached our destination and I was amazed.

"I can't believe you brought me to Paris"

He smiled "I know that it's cliche, but you've always wanted to come here at least once" he pointed to a car "I've arranged for a driver to make sure we get anywhere we need to"

"You really took care of everything, didn't you?"

We put our things in the SUV and climbed in. 

I looked at him "So what made you plan all of this?"

"I just thought that it would be nice to get away for a weekend; just the two of us"

I smiled "I'm so glad you thought of this" I looked out the window as we drove along "This place is beautiful"

Before I knew it we were already stopped in front of a hotel "The building is beautiful"

He smiled "Wait until you see our room"

Our bags were collected, and while I stared in wonder at the details of the hotel, Liam got us checked in. 

We headed to our room and our things were placed inside, while I wondered around the room, speechless.

Liam closed the hotel door "This room has two floors, and a perfect view of the Eiffel Tower, just out on the terrace that's outside our room"

I hugged, him kissing him hard "I don't know how you did all of this, but I love it"

We went into our room, and I stepped out onto the terrace, feeling emotional with how close we were to this amazing thing. 

I stepped back in the room, while he brought the bags in "What all do you have planned for this weekend?"

"Well, we have something going on tonight"

"Really?" 

He nodded and looked at his phone "Since I know you want to visit Paris stores, here's your opportunity"

"What do you mean?" 

"Well it's almost six now; can you get an outfit ready by eight?" he asked.

"Sure"

He looked at his phone once more "The driver will be waiting downstairs for you, and he's been given strict instructions to take you to a certain store"

"You are driving me crazy; I don't know whether to stress over every detail or be very attracted by how you're taking charge of things"

He pulled me close to him "You like me in charge"

I nodded.

"I'll try to remember that for when we get back"

I started to leave, but he quickly turned me around, placing his hands on my hips and kissed me passionately.

"Don't miss me too much" I said, kissing him. 

He smirked "You know I will" he said.

"I can't wait for tonight" I whispered against his lips.

He smirked "Believe me, neither can I" 

"I guess I'll see you at eight" I said, blowing him a kiss.

He pretended to catch it, and did his attempt at a wink.

I smiled and walked out the door, looking looking for the perfect dress for the perfect night.