-3-

For the past three days my dad had been visiting, which I so desperately needed. 

He planned to visit more, to make up for lost time. I'm just glad he's making an effort. 

My mother however, tried to convince him not to come, saying if I want to see him then I can be the one to visit.

He refused and left anyway.

Funny how the day my dad comes here, I finally get some sleep, which was amazing, because it comforted me knowing that I wasn't alone as much as I have been.

We were going out today, so I can show him around. He was even going to the studio with me, to see me at work.

He really was proud of me, which gave me hope that someone really could be here for me.

I walked out of my bedroom and saw my dad, walking into the flat with some coffee.

"Here you are, sweetie" he said, handing me a drink.

"Thanks, dad" 

He took a look at me and, lightly smiled "You look like you're going back to your old high school" 

"What does it look bad?" 

He shook his head "No, it just makes me think of the first day you started dressing like that; nearly gave your mother a heart attack"

I smiled "That was a fun day"

"She said it was just a phase, but clearly it stuck" he took a drink "So what is first on today's list?"

"Well we have to go to the studio, where Darren and I are going to work on my music for a bit. We're a little behind schedule, so it may run a little long"

"That's not because of me is it?" 

"Of course not; it's my fault because I have trouble finishing the song"

"What do you mean?"

"We have already tried to record several times and I just can't get through it" I grabbed my backpack. "Ready to go?" 

He nodded and we went to the car waiting outside for us. 

---

We arrived at the studio and of all people, we run right in to Shay.

"Oh so this is the father of the girl I love" he said, pulling me into a side hug.

I couldn't even hide the disgust from my face as I cringed inside. 

"Drop the act, I know that you two aren't really dating, so don't pull that act with me" my dad said, making me smile.

"Oh, well then" Shay said.

"Excuse me, Shay, but unlike you I have something useful to do with my day" I said, pushing past him.

"Bitch" I heard him mutter.

"Shay, you look old enough to not act like a child, but clearly looks are deceiving"

"Whatever, fine I'm sorry" Shay said, leaving.

I hugged my dad's arm and smiled "Thank you" I said.

We walked to the studio and Darren was sitting in there like always, setting up the microphone and everything.

"Darren, this is my dad" I said.

They shook hands and they took seats in front of the soundboard.

"So is her new album coming along nicely?" he asked Darren.

Darren nodded "For only nineteen, she works harder than most of the artists that I produce. However, this album is harder, because the first album consisted of mostly songs that she had already written"