-102-

Liam's POV

I swear the weather was becoming colder with each passing hour. At least the clothes I was wearing weren't wet on top of it.

Anymore. 

I rolled onto my side, groaning from the pain that shot up my leg.

If I was found, I would surely need help on my ankle. Something just wasn't right about it, and the longer I was stuck out here, the worse it got. 

I needed to find a proper place to rest; I didn't feel safe just lying here on the ground. 

After counting a bit in my head, I finally stood up on my knees, almost falling back down in the process. 

Fuck. 

I was already feeling lightheaded again. 

I carefully propped myself up against a tree, taking deep breaths as I prepared myself mentally for the idea of walking again. 

"Be strong, Liam; be strong for your wife and son" I said, trying to reassure myself

I walked slowly, still not knowing where I was heading.

All I knew was that I was in the country and the deep one at that.

There was nothing but trees and more trees.

How the hell was I supposed to find my way out of here?

I needed a silver lining. I needed something.

Give me strength.

I slowly walked up what felt like a giant hill, feeling weaker with each step.

Falling was all I could picture.

Last thing I need is more injuries.

As I was walking, I had images of my life with Gracie flashing through my mind. I wish I had more memories with Darren. I may never hear him say daddy, or any word at that.

I leaned against another tree, already needing a break.

If I could just find one person; one person could make a difference and save my life. 

I took a deep breath and continued walking.

I need to make the breaks shorter. It's the best I can do to get back home.

I felt some wind pick up and I groaned.

"Are you kidding me!" I yelled, mad at the weather conditions worsening.

This is ridiculous.

I made a sudden stop, when I saw smoke rising up high in the sky.

I smiled widely and started walking as fast as I could, knowing it could be a campfire or a chimney.

Please don't set me up, please don't be false hope.

There was a very real possibility that I was hallucinating all of this, but it was the first thing I had to cling to for hope. 

I fell, tripping over something and fell face first.

I started crawling forwards to get up and slowly got up, feeling every ache in my muscles shooting through my body and making my head hurt.

I can go on, I can't stop.

I walked fast- well fast considering my condition.

I could feel my knees giving out and I groaned, not wanting to collapse again.

"Just a little more" I whispered.

I got closer and could soon smell the smoke.

I grinned, so happy to smell something other than flowers and trees.

I looked around and saw there was a cabin, with a large chimney and loud music coming from inside.

Despite stumbling over nearly every step I attempted to take, I collapsed on the front porch and continued breathing hard.

I reached up, trying to knock on the door, but fell harder, rolling onto my back.

"Help!" I cried out.

I kept hoping they would hear me over the loud music blasting from the speakers.

I reached up, my arm shaking.

"Help" I yelled, feeling more energy drain from me.

I dragged my fingers against the door, crying out more.

"Please" I whimpered.

I tried standing, but my ankle gave out and this time I definitely heard something crack. 

I couldn't move.

"Help" I cried.

I started shaking, feeling more pain bury any feelings into a numb oblivion.

I started crying, not able to keep any of the pain in anymore.

"Help me!" I screamed, giving it all I got.

The music was lowered and several footsteps were heard before the door opened and there stood a small girl, maybe ten or eleven.

She gasped "Daddy! Mommy! Someone is hurt!"

More footsteps were heard and people appeared, looking down at my broken state.

"Help me, please" I mumbled.

"Honey, call an ambulance" the man said.

–--

Gracie's POV

I could feel myself finally beginning to fall asleep. There was a chance that the sleep deprivation was finally giving up, or I was no longer fighting to stay awake. 

Maybe I do need rest, it might make me a bit more stable than how the boys are describing me.

I looked over at Darren sleeping in the travel crib and I sighed, closing my eyes.

My cellphone soon lit and began ringing loudly.

Despite how exhausted I was, I knew if that ringer woke Darren up it wouldn't make it any better.

I picked it up and answered, whispering.

"Hello?"

I walked into the bathroom and closed the door, leaving a small crack open.

"This is officer Loiret; am I speaking to Gracie Payne?" a man said, with a very heavy accent.

I yawned "Yes, this is she"

I leaned against the counter, expecting this to be another update on how their failed search showed no progress, but they would look in the same place yet again soon.

"Your husband has been found and is being rushed to the hospital outside of this town" he continued.

My eyes widened "Liam's been found?"

"Yes, ma'm" he said.

"And he's alive?" I asked, choking on my words.

"Yes, he is being taken to the hospital as we speak. A married couple found him on their property" he continued.

"Can I get the address?" I asked, feeling tears fill my eyes.

Liam's alive.

My husband is alive.