-67-

I was so happy to see one of my oldest friends again. I hated that we had drifted apart the way we did, but I was glad that we were able to hang out and pick up like we never had any time apart.

"Okay, let's see it" he called from the bedroom.

I finished applying my lipstick "Hold on"

"You still take forever to get ready" he groaned.

I took on last look at myself in the mirror and smiled. I looked like me again.

(Picture of outfit)

"Yes! A thousand times yes" he said, smiling at me "There's the Gracie I know and love; now let's go corrupt her"

I laughed as we left the room and went to the lobby. 

When we reached the lobby, two guys were there waiting for us. 

"So you actually do know someone famous" the one with dirty blonde hair asked.

The other laughed "Maybe he's just paying by the hour"

"So this is the famous Gracie" the guy with dirty blonde hair said.

"Excuse these two twits" Declan said, keeping his arm around me.

"I'm Charlie" the blonde said, extending his hand.

I shook it and smiled.

"And I'm Jack, the birthday boy" the other said, smirking at me.

"Well, happy birthday, Jack" I said, smiling back at him.

"Declan, let go of the girl, before you suffocate her" George said, laughing.

Declan let go and glared at them, while they continued to joke at his expense.

I leaned against Declan "So what's the plan?"

"Well, we're going to this club to celebrate Jack's twenty-third birthday" Declan said, elbowing him.

"And I expect there to be lots of drinks" Jack laughed.

"Drinks sound great" I said, very upbeat.

"A gal that loves to drink; Declan, how dare you hide us away from such a lovely girl" Charlie said, patting his back.

"She's been the one hiding" Declan defended.

"Oh yes, that's why she isn't in practically every tabloid" Jack scoffed.

"I'm just a normal girl, while I'm here. I'm not a  celebrity" 

"And why is that? Don't want Mr. Direction to get all stuffy?" Charlie joked.

I shook my head "He's not my concern right now"

"Which means he's none of our concern" Declan said.

"Okay, well I think that Gracie should ride with me to the club" Jack said, draping his arm on my shoulder.

"Yeah, well she and I need to catch up, so come on, Gracie" Declan said, taking my hand and leading me outside to his car "Ignore those two punks, as soon as they're drunk, they'll be all over some other girl" Declan assured me.

"They seem innocent" 

Declan opened the car door for me "They're not"

I got in and he closed the door, then walked over to his door and got in.

I stared at him, looking him over "You took out the green"

He ruffled his hair "It got old"

"But the green and black was so bad ass"