-69-

I had been in Bristol for the last three days, spending all my time with Declan and enjoying the hell out of it.

It seemed like the more time I spent with him, the more I forgot about my life back in London. 

Sure, it wasn't the most therapeutic, but I was getting back to my old self and discovering new things about me at the same time. 

"Gracie, hurry it up" Declan called as he ran in front of me.

Staying at Declan's flat had also been a blast. We were catching up on so much and I didn't want to leave. 

"I still can't believe you're having me do this" I said, shaking my head. 

We entered the bar he worked at and it was actually really impressive. There was a stage, with instruments on it, while tables were scattered around.

I walked up to one of the stools at the bar "I cannot wait to see you work"

"You're a famous singer, and somehow me working as a bartender is fascinating" he chuckled, walking to the other side of the bar. 

"Well, I always pictured you walking in a bookstore, not a bar" 

He started driving "I'm just a bartender, nothing out of the ordinary"

He shook his head "I'm a pretty kick ass bartender!"

I smiled "I can see that"

"Can I get you something to drink?" he asked.

"It's not even dark out yet" I said, laughing.

"Come on, I've been away for a week, I need to make sure I can still make a good drink. So hit me with one"

"Jack and coke, I guess" 

He shook his head "Too simple"

"Too simple? I'm the one that's gotta drink it" I laughed "Fine, give me a screaming orgasm"

He winked "Now we're talking"

I watched him make it and realized he really looked like a professional bartender, acting all smooth about it. 

He finished and handed me the drink "Try it"

I downed the drink, making a face as I did it. I've had only had that one other time and I didn't like it then "It's good"

He laughed "That's real convincing"

"Well I wanted a Jack and coke"

"Fine, you can have your blood Jack and coke" he started preparing the drink "You know, not just anyone can prepare drinks"

"Is that so?" He nodded and I climbed over the bar "Move it, loser"

He laughed and took my seat at the bar, while I got behind it.

"I'll have a" he started.

"You'll have whatever I make you" I laughed.

He shook his head "You're gonna poison me, aren't you"

"Yes, you caught me" I said, making an old-fashioned and a then preparing a martini. 

I started shaking the cocktail and he smirked at me "I know plenty of guys who frequent the bar who would love to watch you do that"

"Shut up"

I finished making the two drinks and set them in front of him.

He took a drink of one and looked surprised "Where the hell did you learn to do this?"

"I learned to make a martini from my mom, and the rest I learned on tour" I said, sitting on the bar and taking a drink of the martini "Damn, I'm good"

"Well, Gracie Dixon, if you want out of the music business, you can always come work here" he said, finishing the drink.

I smiled "As tempting as that is, I'd rather go on tour than work as a barmaid"

He laughed "Yeah, you must be too used to making your own demands, rather than taking them"

I slapped his shoulder "Rude"

"Seriously though, I think you make a better martini than I do; why don't you help me out tonight. The place has been pretty slow soon"

"What are you implying, I make a few drinks?"

"Make a few drinks, play a few songs" he suggested. 

I smiled "I do enjoy settings like this more than an arena. It's more intimate" I nodded "You know what, I think I will. It'll get business for you, and it'll be fun for me" I hopped off the counter "I'll tweet about it"

"Twitter, who would have ever thought it would finally come to some use" he said, finishing off his drink "The band that plays here every night can help you out; they mostly play blues and rock, but they're really quick on music"

I smiled "That's actually perfect. Can I get your keys, so I can go back to your place and get a change of clothes?"

He tossed the keys at me "The band always sets up and rehearses early in the day, so come back quick"

This was going to be great. 

As I walked past a station selling magazines, I saw my face on the cover of one. I picked it up, seeing that there was a whole story and photo spread of how I was supposedly cheating or moving on from Liam quickly.

Fuck them.

I wasn't going to let them ruin my day.