-62-

I was leaving for tour in two weeks, but nothing had changed between Liam and I. I just haven't seen him, since he's been at the house working on renvations, while I spend all my time at the studio.

There wasn't a place for me to go, since all the things had been moved into the house, and the bungalow had been sold.

The album had been released, and I was getting so many good reviews. 

My fans especially loved the duet with Darren. 

If things were different, I'd be able to celebrate everything, but I was just now getting back to something normal. 

For the most part, everything was ready for the tour, so I had the remaining two weeks to relax before Colton and I left. 

I was currently at a coffee shop near the studio, just sitting there writing lyrics down and enjoying a moment that wasn't going by fast. 

"Hey, Gracie" Colton said, taking a seat beside me. 

I took a drink "Hey"

"How are you feeling?"

"Much better now that everything has kind of settled" 

He chuckled "Yeah, I know you've had way more things to work on than me, so I don't know how you're even functioning"

"Coffee, and lots of it" I smiled. 

"Are you going to take advantage of this break?" he asked.

I nodded "Yes, the stress is already starting to die down, and I'm eating regularly again; I have to my priorities in order"

"Is Liam one of them"

I took a deep breath "I tried to call him last night, but he didn't answer. I don't think he wants to talk to me right now, which I get. But neither one of us is making this whole thing any easier"

"When's the last time you saw him?"

"I think it was when I first started sleeping at the studio; although he came in, but I hid like like the idiot I am" I shook my head "I can't believe I actually hid from him"

Colton shook his head "Liam is being ridiculous right now for ignoring you, but you're not being any better by avoiding him when he's actually near"

"I know, but I wouldn't feel like I had to avoid him if he would just answer the phone" my breathing was shaky "If he would answer, and tell me that things are okay; I just want him to tell me to come home" 

"Maybe you should stop waiting, and just do it"

"I just want everyone to be happy again"

"Gracie, sometimes you have to quit focusing on making everyone happy, and give yourself a chance to be happy yourself. I'm not saying ignore what everyone, but you you can't take care of anyone until you learn to take care of yourself"

I sighed "How are you so wise?"

"I'm almost thirty, Gracie; I think I've earned the chance to be wise" he chuckled.

I looked at him "Deep down, I'm scared that when I do see him I'm going to lose him. He's been my biggest supporter when it comes to my career, but here I am about to do something great, and I don't have him. I'm worried that he's only going to be supportive when it's convenient for him"

"If Liam really loves you, which he does, he's going to learn that sometimes he needs to step back and let you shine on your own"

I looked down "There's more"

"What?"

"I'm almost excited to get some distance from him. I'll finally get to see how my career I've got only myself to lean on. One Direction has their own album coming out later in the year, so he has that to focus on" I took a deep breath "Am I selfish for wanting to focus on myself?"

"Absolutely not"

"I've spent time on my own, but when I recorded the first album, it was all about Liam. He was constantly in my mind, without actually being there. Then came the tour, and he was always around. Even before we got together, he was all I could think about. This tour is for me, and it's about me, and Liam won't constantly be on my mind; I'm looking forward to it" I took a deep "For once I feel like it's about me"

"It sounds like you and Liam need to step back and find a balance. His world revolves around you, and yours revolve around him; you can't do that though when there's all these other things that deserve a spot"

I sat back in my chair "I think I'm going to go visit him tonight"

"Good; don't expect the worst though"

"I'll try, but I'm not gonna lie, I'm nervous as hell"

He put his hand on my shoulder "Someone's got to make the first move, and you can't just sit back waiting for Liam to do it. 

"I've spent so much of my time in this relationship, just waiting for Liam to fix things so I didn't have to. He stepped up, he did it, but I'm realizing that all I do is wait. I wait for the situation to fix itself, instead attempting to do it myself" I took a deep breath "Things with Naomi wouldn't have gotten as bad as they did if I just talked to Simon myself; I could have been with Liam much sooner if I ended things with Shay sooner rather than later; all the drama at the end of the tour could have been avoided if I just told Niall and Liam about that stupid song" 

"Sounds like a bad habit"

I nodded "It's going to be hard to break, but going to that house and talking to Liam seems like a good first step"

"You can do it"

"I don't want to, but it doesn't mean I don't need to"