-99-

When I got a call the next day, from the hotel manager letting me know that there was a visitor waiting for me, I knew that it was one of the boys.

I requested to have him sent up to the room. 

It took forever, but when I did fall asleep last night, I was still in my hospital gown; mostly because it was so hard to get changed while wearing this sling. I fell asleep clinging to the wedding dress, unable to let it go. 

What remained of my makeup was an absolute mess, while my hair was in tangled knots. 

Just like my appearance, the room was a disaster. 

There was no denying the panic attack that took over me last night. 

The evidence was on the walls and floor. 

Once I got off the phone, I rolled onto my side, curled up.

I had barely slept last night and when I did, I was forced to go through nightmares of Liam wandering around, crying out for me. 

It was horrible and I'm unsure of whether or not the events have been processed in my head.

I was in two different lives.

In one, he was here, he wasn't missing.

In the other, I couldn't move, because it hurt too much to think of what could and might have already happened.

There was a knock on the hotel room door, but I didn't even move 

I heard the door open and footsteps approached.

"Gracie?" I glanced up and saw Niall standing over the bed.

"Hi" I said, my voice raspy and breaking.

I felt the bed dip in and saw him sitting beside me.

"I know this isn't the trip you had planned" he said, shaking his head.

I felt my eyes water "No one knew why we were here"

"What do you mean?" he asked.

I took a deep breath and held my hand up, showing the rings on my hand.

"You two got married?" he asked, shock in his voice.

"We were leaving the ceremony when the accident happened" 

"Everything will be alright. I know you're feeling hopeless right now, but there is no way your story with Liam ends here"

I started crying "He might be dead, Niall" 

He reached over and pulled me to him "He's not; He can't be dead"

I could tell by his tone that the idea of Liam being dead wasn't just an idea. 

He knew that there was a chance that Liam could be gone forever without any chance of changing it.

"I just know that deep down, Liam is alive" he said, rubbing my shoulder.

I sniffled, knowing that my tears were running through his shirt.

"Come on, you need to get cleaned up" he said, helping me up "What happened to your shoulder?"

"I dislocated it in the accident" I turned my head so he could see the left side of my face "I got banged up pretty bad"

"Is there anything I can help with?"

I shook my head "I think I shower with one arm"

He nodded "I'll clean up the room" He leaned against the wall "Take you time; I'll also call around and see if any progress has been made"