-12-

After waking up and taking a shower, I straightened my hair and made sure to try and look nicer than usual. 

I felt so nervous about today, since I was meeting with Liam at the studio. He was going to be around to see me record a new song.

Because of that, Darren and I had moved forward on the new song I had written. So after getting the music for it ready, I would finally be recording it. 

I looked at myself in the mirror, hoping that Liam would look at me the same way he did at the Brit Awards. 

(Outfit in picture)

After making sure I was pleased with everything, I grabbed everything I needed for the studiio and went out to the car waiting for me. 

The drive to Liam's flat felt like it took forever. As I sat there, I get fidgeting and pulling at my clothes. Why did I feel so nervous? 

We eventually came to a stop and Liam ran up to the car, trying to avoid the rain that was starting to come down. When he climbed in, he took the hood off his head and smiled at me. 

"Wow"

"What?" I asked, worried.

"You just look so nice"

I couldn't stop staring at him, it was like I was getting to see him for the first time all over again. Everything was so noticeable, from the way his eyes squinted when he really smiled, to the way he his eyes sparkled in just the right lights.

"Gracie, are you alright?"

I quickly nodded "Yeah, it's just really nice to see you"

He chuckled "It's nice to see you too"

"Nice shirt" I said, commenting on the Batman shirt that I had gotten him for his birthday when we were on tour.

He smiled and played with the ends of it "It felt appropriate" he cleared his throat "So, how's Shay?"

My smiled dropped. Why was he bringing him up? "He's fine"

"You don't sound so sure"

I looked ahead "Well, he has his own life, you know? I don't want to be the type of girl who obsesses over her boyfriend's every move"

"Yeah, I remember" he looked back over at me "I can't wait to hear you in the studio; I really missed getting to hear your new music"

"Really?"

He nodded, moving closer to me "I've missed a lot of things about you"

I could feel myself getting more nervous. Did he really just say that?

"Like what?

He smiled softly "Like the way you smile in the morning after having your first cup of coffee; how messy your hair always seems to get" he paused "the way you quietly sing a song when you do simple things. One thing I really missed though was how excited you get when you get a song just right, whether it be the tune or a lyrics, or just hitting that right now. You just light up when you"

I felt a lump in my throat. He really did miss me; more than I thought he did.

A lot more.

"Do you remember the night we met?" he asked, catching me off guard.

"How could I forget"

He smiled "My mates and I had somehow gotten into a bar, and we were trying to play it cool. However, there you were in the back with Declan, who was actually old enough to get in, and had talked you in to joining"