-66-

Before leaving for the studio, I had packed a bag and decided that I was going somewhere to deal with everything. 

After driving for over two hours, I landed in Bristol and knew that this was the place I needed to stop. 

I checked into a hotel, already feeling weird for leaving and not telling anyone where I was going. 

Maybe I just needed some time to myself, away from everyone. 

After getting settled, I dialed a number that I hadn't looked at for some time.

Which led me to the hotel restaurant, nervously drinking and waiting for something familiar.

"Gracie Dixon" he said, making me smile. 

"Oh shit! You changed" I said, giving Declan a hug.

(Picture of Declan)

He hugged me back tightly "You still look as beautiful as ever; although I think you've upped the sex appeal of your look" he took a strand of my hair "I like the black"

"How are you?"

He smiled "I'm really good. I hope you don't mind, but a couple of my friends are going to be here soon, since we're celebrating a birthday" he shook his head "But I just had to see you. Luckily Jack fancies you, so he now thinks that you're his birthday present"

We sat down and I couldn't stop looking at him.

He moved here before I finished sixth form, so I was alone for the remainder of it. He was my best friend, and after missing Darren, I just needed to be around someone who I was as close to at one point. 

"How is your hot shot music career going?"

I shook my head "Oh shut up"

"Really though, I saw you perform at the Brits, and then get an award; it was amazing to see"

"I'm going on a world tour soon"

He sat back "No shit? That's great! I remembering telling you that you were going to make it big; when you told me that you got signed, I just knew you'd give it everything" he sighed "Although, I wasn't too happy to hear that you're dating Liam again"

"We're not exactly together anymore" I mumbled, taking a long drink."

"Did he cheat again?"

When Liam had cheated on me, Declan was the one who was there for me. He kept me from falling completely apart, and he just knew everything that I needed. 

I shook my head "No, we just kept fighting; so we are taking some time away from one another, and I'm here now"

"I don't know. My phone was going crazy when I left, but I just needed to get away from it all"

He nodded "It sounds like you're in some need of fun"

"And you always knew how to have fun"

"I still do" he frowned "I can tell this is hurting you though; we may not have seen each other for a while, but I still know when you're faking a smile and desperately looking for a distraction" he smiled "Let me be that distraction"

"What do you have in mind?"

"Well, the lads and I just got done with dinner, which was way too boring and adult for my liking. We're heading out to a club, hopefully to get smashed and make terrible decisions that we'll regret in the morning"

I sat back.

He grinned "What do you say Gracie? Do you want to catch up and reminisce about the old days? Before we became old"

"You're two years older than me, Declan; you're not old" I chuckled.

He groaned "I feel like it; I've terrible back pains now and I have health insurance" he shook his head "I also watch the news at night"

I laughed "Oh no, not the news"

"Come on, let me show you a good time"

"You promise not to judge me?"

He scoffed "I'll judge you, but only because I know you'll be judging me" he stood, pulling me up to my feet "I used to bring out the wild side in you, and I'm assuming that since I haven't been around you've locked that naughty girl away where she can't get out"

"She's not locked up at much"

"But nonetheless, locked up; let's break her out and have a great night"

I smiled "You know what? That actually sounds great"

"You have to change though" 

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?"

He sighed "Gracie, I've seen the photographs of you out and about; I even saw that dress you wore that rapper's birthday party, I know you've got more to show"

"I actually haven't been wearing anything tight in awhile"

"But" he said.

"But, I did mostly pack clothes that I want to wear again"

He took my hand and led me to the elevator "Let's get you ready"