-40-

After getting back from another stressful day at the studio, I was so irritated. Naomi clearly doesn't work well with others, so why does she have this job?

I walked over to Liam and dropped down into his lap, as he was playing a video game. 

He paused the game and set the controller down "How was it?"

"I really don't like her"

"What happend?" 

"She's taking the songs that Darren didn't get a chance to mix, and she's overproducing it"

He shook his head "Gracie, you've got to talk to Simon about this"

I groaned "I know, but I hate bothering him" I stood up and started going to the room, needing to change. 

After getting into something comfortable, I took my antidepressant.

My psychiatrist upped the dosage, which I haven't told Liam about. 

I just want to curl up on the couch with Liam and call it a day. I grabbed my black fuzzy blanket and made my way to the couch, curling up with Liam and resting my head on his lap.

Honestly, I can't remember the last time I felt this exhausted after leaving the studio. Naomi and I spent most of the time bickering, and it just takes so much energy to argue with her. 

He ran his fingers through my hair "Is there anything I can do for you?"

"No, I just want to lay on the couch and watch you play video games"

He chuckled "Okay, love"

There was a knock at the door and I let out a frustrated groan and sat up.

"No, you stay on the couch; I'll get it" Liam said, walking to the door.

"Marcus?" Liam asked.

Dad?

I quickly sat back up and saw Liam walking over with my dad. I jumped up and ran over to him, hugging him tightly "What are you doing here?"

He took a deep breath "Your mother and I are divorcing"

"What?"

"She's been sleeping with someone else, so I called it quits"

I pulled into a hug "I'm so sorry"

"Where are you staying?"

"I'm at a hotel nearby"

Liam shook his head "We have a spare bedroom here; you're welcome to it until you figure out something else. 

My dad gave Liam and look "You two are living together?"

"Did I not mention that?"

"No, you did not mention that"

We all sat down in the living room and my dad kept watching us.

"I was glad to hear you two got back together" he smiled "You sounded so happy when we'd talk on the phone" he sat forward "I'm sorry I didn't come sooner"

I shook my head "Dad, it's fine"

"No it's not. When I found out through the news that you were in that accident, I should have rushed on over here sooner, but your mother" he sighed "That's when the truth came out about her"

"Did mom even care that I had been in that accident?"

He looked down "Her priorities haven't been that great"

"What about Robbie?"

"Well he's in college; he actually encouraged me to come back here" he sat back "Seriously though, how are you?"

"It's been hard, dad"

He nodded "I figured. I was so sad to hear about Darren; I know he meant so much to you, and you clearly meant the world to him"

I nodded.

Liam cleared his throat "Can I get you a drink or something?"

"If you've got beer, I'll take one"

Liam chuckled "Sure thing"

Dad moved over to me "It's getting pretty serious with Liam then?"

I nodded "It really is"

He smiled "He better not mess up this time"

I hugged him tightly "I'm so glad you're here"

--

Liam's POV

I carried Gracie to our room, carefully placing her in bed and putting the blanket over her. 

Her dad being here would help a lot with things; she looked so happy to see him.

After making sure she was all settled, I walked back out to the living room, taking a seat across from Marcus.

"What did you want to speak to me about, Liam?"

I cleared my throat "I bought an engagement ring right before the accident. I didn't plan on proposing so soon, but if that whole event taught me anything it's that you can't take anything for granted or put things off until the times right, because it's right" I sighed "I want to ask Gracie to marry me, before the end of the year; I'd love your blessing"

"That depends on whether or not you'll create a repeat of the last time you swore your love to her" he shook his head "I get that you two were just kids; hell you're still kids, but if you're going to ask her, it better be because you are absolutely certain that you will stay by her side"

"I have no excuse for what I did when we were younger. I was an idiot" I played with my hands "But, I can't picture a future that doesn't involve Gracie" I smiled "Every time I imagine how things will be in the future, she is the one that is always there with me" 

Marcus smiled "You clearly make Gracie happy; I know that I have no room to speak on how you've treated her in the past, because I'm lucky enough to get a second chance with her. Seeing how you treat, especially in ways that she probably doesn't even notice; You have my blessing, son"

"Thank you, Marcus"

He nodded "If you don't mind, I think I'll go to bed now; thank you for opening up your home to me" he stood "I won't be here for long, because I plan on looking for a place of my own tomorrow"

I smiled "I'm glad you're moving back; it means more to her than you know"

"Well I'm glad that I can be closer to her now"

After cleaning up a bit, I headed to bed and stripped out of my clothes, before climbing into bed with Gracie. 

I had a lot to plan now, and she wouldn't believe the things I had in mind for our future together.