-104-

I took a drink of my water and started coughing hard, making it spill on my shirt.

Dammit.

I walked over towards a counter and got some paper towels, trying to soak up some of the mess I had made.

I picked up Darren's bottle and walked over to him, grateful for the boys helping out.

I gave it to Darren and he happily took it, beginning to drink it.

I went back to wiping the mess and took my sweater off, deciding to just let it dry.

Darren dropped his bottle and I rushed over, handing it back to him.

"You need to be careful, baby" I said, before picking him up out of the travel crib and deciding to hold it for him.

The more he drops it the more likely he'll begin to cry and I just didn't know if I could handle that right now.

He smiled as I held the bottle for him, while he drank it.

I looked over at Liam, who was still asleep.

I yawned and started walking around the room, singing to him softly.

He'd fall asleep after he's done eating, and then I'd be back to sitting beside Liam's bed.

The longer he goes without waking, the more paranoid I become, I just cannot help it.

Darren pushed the bottle away and stirred around.

I set the bottle on the counter and rested him up, so I could burp him.

"Come on, baby" I said.

It seemed like he was cooperating with me and in no time, he was fed and burped.

I kissed the top of his head and kept him next to me, wanting to enjoy this moment with Darren, before he got sleepy.

I looked at him, burying his head against me and I smiled.

It's crazy to think that a year before all this, he wasn't in my life, but here he is.

I looked over at Liam.

And there Liam is.

I sighed and sat down, knowing Darren would fall asleep better in my arms, than in the car seat.

I heard a stir and looked over to see Liam moving.

My eyes widened, as I saw his open.

"Water" he mumbled, with a hoarse throat.

I kept Darren in my arms as I poured some water into a cup and rushed back to Liam.

I don't believe he was processing everything, because knowing him he would have reacted in a different way, but that wasn't the point.

I held the cup for him, as he carefully drank it.

Once it was empty, I set it down and looked down at him.

Darren was moving around in my arms.

Liam took a deep breath and looked over at us.

"Am I dreaming?" he asked, coughing.

My eyes watered and I pulled the seat closer to him.

I shook my head and took his hand "No, this is real"

He looked over at Darren and his eyes began to water "I never thought I would see you two again" he shook his head "I was so scared that because of the state I was in, that you had possibly been left for dead"

I squeezed his hand "Don't think about that"

I set Darren on the bed, beside Liam and Liam took his hand.

"The boys are here, they'll be happy to know you're awake" I said, smiling and wiping my eyes.

Darren moved closer to Liam and Liam tried to sit up.

"I don't think that's wise" I said, stopping him.

He nodded and then looked at his foot "I must of mangled that up pretty bad"

"You had to have surgery on it and you need to get a cast on it before we even thinking of heading back home" I said, just staring at him.

"Can you get me some more water?" he asked.

I nodded and stood to get water.

Darren giggled and I saw him curling up beside Liam.

I poured water into his cup and smiled at them.

To see Liam smiling again, despite the pain made me so happy.

"How long was I gone?"

I took a seat beside him "Over five days"

"I don't know what I was thinking; I just knew that you needed help and I basically had tunnel vision that kept me from thinking logically"

"A farmer found me; I had blacked out and I was taken to the hospital"

He frowned "And the sling?"

"Dislocated shoulder" I shook my head "It looks worse than it feels. I won't need to wear the sling for long, but it will take some time for my shoulder to heal"

"You look like an angel"

I scoffed "I've barely slept, and I'm an absolute mess"

"How hard was it for you?"

I took a deep breath "I thought losing Darren was hard, but then to suddenly imagine losing you; it was so fucking painful" my voice cracked.

"I'm so sorry I put you through that. I should have stayed with you at the car and waited for someone to show up; I was just so scared"

"I was scared to. I think I had about three panic attacks"

Liam took Darren's hand "Who brought him here?"

"First Niall showed up, then the rest of the guys brought him down here" I smiled "They're out in the waiting room"

"They can't be in here?"

I shook my head "Not while you're in intensive care"

"You look so broken, Gracie; I'm here, I'm right here"

"I know, but the idea of losing you let me unable to function" I forced a laugh "You're not allowed out of my sight again"

"I'm fine with that"

I squeezed his hand "Look how happy Darren is to see you"

Liam smiled down at him "I'm so happy to see both of you"