-8-

"Get ready for the interviews" Zayn whispered, as we exited the limo. 

"Yeah, the same twenty questions about you guys and Shay" I said, sarcastically. 

"Well don't be too enthusiastic about it" he said, with a laugh.

We turned and saw paparazzi were snapping pictures of us.

"Go ahead" he said, giving me a hug.

"You realize these pictures will be in the latest magazine of In Touch right?" I asked.

"Good thing we know the truth"

I was then pulled away and saw Shay was holding my hand

"Come on girlfriend" 

We walked down the carpet and I looked over and saw all five of them, taking pictures and talking to an interviewer.

I sighed and stood next to Shay, putting on a fake smile and leaning into him.

"So would you consider yourself the new power couple?" the interviewer asked as we approached her.

I actually laughed, causing confused looks to be thrown my way.

Shay glared at me "What she means is we're just a normal couple. Happy and in love. We have our problems, but what couple doesn't?" he asked.

He was way too good at playing this role for the cameras.

I faked another smile "Yeah, I just love this guys" I said, pinching his cheek, hard.

He faked a chuckle "Oh Gracie, you're so sweet" he said, pushing my hand away.

I rolled my eyes and he went back to answering the interviewers questions.

I just stood there, waiting to go inside, but was asked a question.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Are you still holding on to old feelings for Liam or Niall, or are you interested in Zayn now?" she asked.

"What do you mean by that?" 

"Well there's just a lot of rumors, we're wanting to clear it up" she said.

I started breathing heavy, unable to take it all.

"Gracie!" Niall shouted, walking over to me.

I sighed as he hugged me, knowing that the photographers were documenting it. 

He smiled and looked at the interviewers "Gracie really is a true friend. I'm really glad we're friends again" 

The interviewers wrote things down and pushed the cameras in our faces.

"Just friends?" 

Niall nodded "Yeah, besides I'm interested in someone" he said, changing the questions.

Shay was still talking to interviewers, giving out free publicity.

Niall pulled me away "Are you alright?" 

"Now I am"

"I saw you getting attacked and I thought I might come save the day" 

"Thank you, Niall" I said, hugging him.

"Anytime and by the way you look beautiful" 

"You don't look to shabby yourself" I said, making him laugh.

"Well I try you know?" 

I nodded and he looked over at Shay who still had his cocky grin on.

"Why are you even pretending to date that guy?" 

"Because, what management wants, management gets"

"You could do so much better though" he said, motioning to Liam.

Liam looked amazing in his black velvet suit. His hair was messy, but it looked sexy.

I sighed and continued to look at him.

"Just wait til he sees you" Niall said.

"This night isn't about Liam, Niall, but thanks" I said.

He smiled and went back over to the boys.

Liam looked at me and I swear my heart stopped. Locking eyes with him, like it was forbidden was interesting.

I started to walk up to him, just to say hi and tell him he looks nice, but was pulled back and Liam's facial expression looked mad.

I turned and saw Shay "We need to get to our table, before all the wannabee celebrities arrive" 

I rolled my eyes and followed him in, taking one last look at Liam, who was talking to the press.

"You don't have to be so obvious you know?" he said, gripping my hand.

I pulled my hand away and continued to walk forward "Yeah, well you don't have to be so overboard, because reality check we are not in love"

"Believe me I'm happy about that. There's no way I'd love someone who can't even keep off a couple pounds" 

I stopped and he looked at me "Okay seriously if you make one more disparaging remark about my weight I'm going  to"

Before I could finish he smirked and said "You're going to do what? Sit on me? In that case sure no more fat jokes, but maybe I'll get you a treadmill for your birthday" 

I glared at him and slapped him across the face "Don't ever talk to me like that again"

I continued walking, ignoring the looks I was getting. I walked up to our table and froze.

We were sitting with the boys. Great, just great.

Shay walked up and put his arm around my waist, pulling me close, but I pushed him away.

I was still pissed and I didn't care if they all noticed. This guy was supposed to appear like my Prince Charming, but was more like the the villain that I needed to tear apart. I took my seat next to Zayn and saw Liam was right next to him.

I sighed and put on a smile for everyone. I started pulling at my dress, beginning to get insecure.

Shay took a seat next to me and pulled out his phone.

Zayn leaned over, clearly seeing how stressed I was about my appearance "Relax, you look beautiful. Liam can't stop stealing glances at you" 

I leaned over, looking at Liam who was looking back. I started to say something, but like always Shay had to ruin it.

"You know you're really not playing the girlfriend role good. Aren't you supposed to at least try and make me look good?" 

I looked at him and gave him a look. He was really testing my patience and I looked over to see Louis, Zayn, Niall, and Harry sending him death glares.

He just shook it off and I rolled my eyes, looking at Liam.

He was staring at me intently and looked confused, glancing between Shay and I.

He was probably questioning my attitude. He looked at me concerned and I started to say something, but looked down.

Yeah I'm really taking control of my actions.

I'm officially a coward.

I can't even tell him the truth.

I hate this.