-22-

About an hour had passed after Angel arrived, and everything was going exactly as planned. Zayn was nervous and kept going to talk to her, but would actually back away. 

(Picture of Angel)

Darren had arrived about twenty minutes ago, and he was currently talking to her about music. 

Zayn walked over, refilling his drink again "You are evil, Gracie"

Liam slipped his arm around my waist "I think evil looks good on her" he patted Zayn on the shoulder as he walked over to Louis and Niall.

"I am never this nervous around a girl; what is happening?" he asked, putting his drink on the counter. 

"Why is it so hard to go up and say hi?"

He sighed "She's gorgeous" he looked at me "What am I going to do?"

"Why not try talking to her; I hear that tends to work when you're trying to attract the opposite sex"

He picked up his drink "That might work"

"Just go talk to her" I said, taking him by the arm and walking over to her and Darren. 

"Hey, Zayn" she said, smiling at him.

"Hi"

I looked at Darren "Can I talk to you?"

We walked over and sat down on the couch.

"Yeah?"

"What did you think of the song?" 

He smiled "I can't wait to record it with you"

I hugged him tightly "I'm so glad you're going to sing on my album"

"I'm still going to produce the song, but I'm excited to sing again"

I noticed Harry walking around, on the phone. He must be talking to Hayden.

"The place looks great, Gracie" Darren said, patting the couch "Love the couch, it's very you"

"You don't think it's too much?"

"For me, yes; but it's perfect for you" he stood "I'm going to go get my drink refilled, do you want something?"

"I'm good"

He walked away and I looked back over at Harry, who suddenly looked unhappy. He looked like he had just been kicked in the gut. After talking on the phone, he stuffed his phone in his pocket and stood there, not doing anything.

I walked up to him "You alright?"

He lightly nodded and then went out to the back patio, with Krueger following after him. Of course I followed after him, but I got a message on my phone, making me frown.

Tell Harry that I'm sorry

Hayden. 

I walked outside and sat down next to him at the table "Harry?"

He kept staring down at his hands.

I put my hand on his shoulder "What happened?"

"She met someone" he whispered.

"What?"

"Hayden broke up with me; she couldn't deal with long distance anymore, and there's this new guy at the club" his eyes watered.

I rested my forehead against his shoulder.

"I thought there was something special between us

"She's not the one then; if she can do this, then that just means there is someone out there who is so much better for you"