-47-

Harry's POV

I didn't realize how much I liked Evie until I was faced with the idea of not having her in my life anymore.

I drove to her home, hoping that none of her brothers were around to kick my ass for messing up. I wasn't blowing Evie off, I was saying no to Hayden, all because of how much I wanted to be with Evie. 

It's safe to say that I'm an idiot for not acting on my feelings sooner.

The seventh call I had made to her went to voicemail.

"Evie, pick up the damn phone" I said, calling her back again.

If she would just let me explain that I wasn't going to let anything happen between Hayden and I, she would know that I was serious about her.

Although, I was beginning to wonder if Hayden was more of a physical thing than something real. We had tons of happy moments together, but we fought all the time. Mostly over stupid things that she didn't like. 

The call went straight to voicemail.

That means she saw who it was and rejected the call immediately. Dammit.

After arriving at Evie's house, I ran up to her front door, knocking quite aggressively.

The door opened and her older brother Chris stood there, towering over me. 

Oh shit.

"It's you" he said, leaning against the doorway "You've got some nerve. I told her that nothing good comes from guys like you, but I wanted to see you prove me wrong" he stepped forward "Give me one reason why I shouldn't throw your ass out in he street"

I quickly stepped back. Chris scared the shit out of me and I did not want to push it.

"You hurt her, you know? Evie is a sensitive girl and she usually keeps to herself, but you just had to go and fuck things up. So why are you here?"

"It was all a big misunderstanding"

He scoffed "Yeah, it always is, isn't it?"

I shook my head, stepping forward, knowing that there was a good chance I'd get hit for getting too close. I didn't care though "My ex showed up and when I didn't want her there. Evie thought I was turning her down, but I was turning Hayden down" I looked down "Before Hayden showed up, I was about to tell Evie how I felt, but then Hayden showed up and got too aggressive"

Chris eyed me, unsure if I was lying to him or not.

"I'm being honest, Chris. Hit me, throw me out on the street, do whatever you have to" I took a deep breath "Just let me talk to Evie; I don't want to hurt her"

He groaned and stepped back, opening the door for me "I don't like you, but this is your one and only chance. I won't be so kind next time if you mess it up"

My eyes widened "Really?"

"You know where her room is; but leave the door open" he said, as I walked past him. 

I ran upstairs and slowly walked to her room, feeling nervous as I knocked on the door.

"Leave me alone, Chris"

I opened the door "Evie"

She quickly sat up, looking at me shocked "How did you get up here?"

"Chris let me in"

"You must have given quite the performance" she whispered.

I walked towards her "Evie"

"Why are you here?"

"I wasn't turning you down; I wanted Hayden to leave, not you"

She looked down "But she's so much prettier than I am"

I walked up to her, shaking my head "She's got an ugly attitude though" I softly smiled at her "Everything about you is beautiful"

She looked unconvinced "Why do you even like me?"

"What?"

"You know that I have issues, and you could be with any girl that you wanted"

"Yeah, but I want to be with you"

She smiled "Really?"

I nodded, taking a seat next to her "Really"

"I really do fancy you"

"Can I kiss you?" I asked, moving closer to her.

"Please" 

I pressed my lips to hers, immediately feeling how right this was. I thought I knew all the feelings there were when it came to kissing; I sang about them. 

This was the first time I felt how real those words could be though. 

She pulled away and lightly touched her lips, as if she didn't know if it was real.

"I don't want to do anything that you don't, but I would really love to be your boyfriend"

She smiled "I would really like that"

I pulled her into my arms and she grinned "Is this really happening?"

"Yes" I chuckled.