-13-

Today was going to change things, I just knew it. 

I was finally going to end everything with Shay, and make it clear to management that I would never do this again.

More importantly, I was going to be with Liam. 

If things went the way I imagined them to, then I would be in the arms of Liam by the end of the day. For that reason alone, I needed to look great. 

I had actually woken up way too early and went through several outfits, trying to find the perfect one. I had to be somewhat practical though, because it was really cold outside today. 

(Picture of outfit)

Getting to have Liam's lips against mine like that, especially during that moment it was just all so perfect. It was everything I wanted. 

I stood outside the office of someone from management, nervously shaking my foot, and more importantly, trying to steady my breathing.

"You can come on in, Gracie" he said. 

I walked in nervous as hell, all because I was speaking to Phil today. He was someone who really wanted me to keep the relationship with Shay, so this would not be as easy as I was hoping for. 

"Please, take a seat" he said, motioning to the chairs in front of his desk. 

I slowly sat down and looked at him "I'm sorry if I'm keeping you"

"It's no trouble at all" he leaned forward "I'm handling most of Simon's work, so it's just been a bit chaotic with him gone. But enough of that; what can I help you with today?"

I nervously smiled "I wanted to talk about my relationship with Shay"

"What a coincidence, so do I"

My smiled dropped "Really?"

He pulled out a newspaper, flipping through the pages before stopping "Specifically about this" he handed me the paper.

There on the page were pictures of me with Liam, while we were dancing together in the restaurant. 

I swallowed. At least they didn't get pictures of the kiss "This doesn't look that bad"

"Turn the page"

I turned the page, immediately feeling a pit in my stomach. There were several pictures of us in each others arms, kissing.

Fuck. 

"Gracie, how is this supposed to improve your image? You are supposed to be in a relationship with Shay, but here you are with your ex"

"But it's not like Shay and I are actually together"

"That's not the point. Do you realize how hard it has been trying to put you back in a positive light? That video from tour changed your image" he sat back "The only reason we pushed so hard on this was because your record sales are continuing to rise, and we want them to keep rising"

"They were still rising when the video came out" I said, trying to defend myself.

"Gracie, we only want what's best for you"

"Then stop making making me date Shay" I said, finally letting it out.

He cleared his throat "Why do you want that?"

"Shay is horrible, and he's making my life miserable. I completely get that I agreed to this, but this has to stop at some point"

"Yes, but it will stop when we want it to stop" he sighed "When the time is right, we will stage a break up, but until then you can't be caught with other guys"