-103-

Liam was asleep in his hospital bed, snoring softly. 

When we got here, Liam was in surgery to treat his ankle. His sprain had gotten worse, leading to a fracture and a torn ligament. 

It's been a couple hours since he got out of surgery.

Right now he was hooked up to an I.V, getting fluids to his body. He was showing early signs of dehydration, and getting him better was a top priority.

Despite how exhausted I was, I refused to sleep until I had seen Liam open his eyes. 

Louis had set up Darren's travel crib here, while the others went to get coffee. 

At least Darren was asleep right now. 

I leaned back in my chair, taking a long drink of one of the numerous coffees I had gotten to try and stay awake.

I yawned and blinked a few times.

The boys were all in the waiting room, since only family could be back here.

They couldn't see him until he was moved out of the intensive care unit.

I tried explaining that the boys were practically Liam's brothers, but of course it did nothing.

I just wish he would open his eyes.

I missed looking into his eyes.

Darren started stirring and I knew he was going to be waking up soon.

I have been doing my best to keep him from crying.

I picked him up and held him close.

He continued stirring and I rubbed small circles on his back, knowing that it would get him to be quiet.

Liam found that out when Darren needed to see a doctor the last time he was sick.

I looked down at Liam, then back at Darren.

"Daddy's back with us, baby, and we'll go home after he's feeling better" I said, smiling at Darren.

He smiled back at me, letting out a small giggle.

"I bet you missed him. I know I did" I said.

Darren let out a small whine and I handed him one of his teething rings, knowing that it would help. 

I rubbed his back again, while he sat on my lap.

I knew that he would need to eat soon and I reached into the diaper bag, to get his bottle.

And of course it was empty.

Damn.

Maybe one of the boys could get more from the hotel room.

The hotel wasn't even fifteen minutes away.

I took out my cellphone and sent a message to Harry, hoping he would be able to help.

I looked at Lam and took his hand.

At least the three of us were together again.

Darren looked at Liam and took one of his fingers.

"He'll wake up soon, Darren" I whispered.

There was a knock on the door and Harry walked in.

"I thought you weren't allowed back here" I said, confused.

"Well I snuck back, because I need the hotel key" he answered "Louis offered to go to the hotel"

I nodded "It's in the diaper bag" I looked back at Liam "Tell Louis I said thank you"