-82-

Three weeks had passed by, and Liam had shut himself off from the world. He wouldn't answer anyone's calls and occasionally one of the boys would go by the house just to see if he was still alive, and apparently he's just been working on the house. 

I didn't want Liam to find out the way he did, but it had all become too much, and I just couldn't deal with the stress of hiding it anymore.

"You still haven't heard from him?" my dad asked.

I shook my head "No, and it gets more painful with each day that passes"

"If he's smart he'll do the right thing"

"What is the right thing though? He can't seem to make up his mind and when he's conflicted he just disappears" Declan said.

"He's got a point, Gracie" Ryland said, as he continued tuning this guitar.

I groaned and put my head into my hands "I'm halfway through this pregnancy and I don't know what the fuck to do"

"Are you going to be good to perform tonight?" Bex asked.

I nodded "Yeah; music is my distraction, and I desperately need it for all this bullshit"

My dad rubbed my hand "It's going to be okay"

"I know"

He cleared his throat "Well, I am certainly excited to see this show; you've got nothing but great reviews in the paper"

I smiled "I just love that everyone is enjoying it"

"You look so happy when you do these types" Declan commented, as he took a seat beside me.

"I really am; I'm actually wondering if I can just do performances in places like this instead of going on arena tours"

"Your definitely not as anxious as you seem when performing for a large crowd" Declan said. 

I nodded "I'll have to talk to Simon about it more, but either way, I'll be taking a much needed break when this baby is born"

"How are you going to handle it when the press finds out?" Ryland asked.

"I'll handle it fine, because at some point it's going to be physically obvious, and by then I won't care that they know; I'll have other priorities" I smiled "I just can't believe that July is getting so close"

"When's the expected due date?" my dad asked.

I sat back "July 24th, but I'm preparing myself for both an early labor and a late one"

"Who's going to be in the hospital room with you?" Declan asked.

"My dad for sure" I said, smiling at him "Maybe Liam if he gets his shit together; I don't know, I also don't want a ton of people there"

My dad squeezed my hand "We'll get everything in order a month in advance"

I let out a laugh as I felt the baby kick "Quick, feel this" I took my dad's hand and placed it where the baby was kicking.

He chuckled.

"That baby is moving and kicking all the time; you might have a boxer in there" Declan laughed.

"Performing here once a week is about the most stressful thing I do, which isn't actually all that stressful; my doctor has recommended that with my history of anxiety, I really try to relax as often as I can"

"Which is why, I make sure that she's getting everything she needs" Declan said, smiling at me "Like late night food cravings, being there for doctor appointments, and making sure that she doesn't do any heavy lifting; hell, I even go to the Lamaze classes"

My dad chuckled "Are you sure you aren't the father?"

"Seems that way, doesn't it" Declan sat back "No, but I'll be the cool uncle that looks out for that kid" he looked at me "No matter what Liam does or doesn't do, that kid is going to have me and I promise you I'll be there, especially if Liam isn't"

"Thank you"

---

The audience clapped as I walked up on stage.

"How's it going?" I asked, getting my guitar situated.

They cheered some more.

"This is called Man Like You" I smiled, fixing the microphone.

(Play video)

Don't take pride to fall in love
Nothing else I need to fulfill my dreams
You're by my side
I feel alive, you're by my side

I recognize, no matter what
We don't have a lot
But the whole wide world is ours
You give enough, you give me love

You give it heart, you wanna please her
Turn a hater into a believer
What would I give to have a man like you
Ooh, wait a minute I do

Don't need to try, don't need to hide
It's so natural
It's the way it feels with you and I
You're by my side, I feel alive

You get the Jack, you bring the fever
Boy you are higher, it's you that I admire
It is true
It don't take much to fall in love with you

You give it heart, you wanna please her
Turn a hater into a believer
What would I give to have a man like you

You make it right, you make it good
And you doing everything you should
What would I give to have a man like you
A man that always seems to follow through

What would I give to have a man like you
Ooh

You give it heart, you wanna please her
Turn a hater into a believer
What would I give to have a man like you
Hmm, wait a minute I do
I got a man like you  

The audience clapped and I took a drink from my water.

"You guys doing okay, you okay standing?"

They all cheered.

"Okay, me too"

They laughed. 

I looked more out at the audience and saw Liam standing in the back; it was the first time that I had seen him since telling him that I was pregnant.

What was he doing here?

I cleared my throat "Thank you, everyone, for coming out tonight"

As they cheered, I smiled some more.

"This is awesome; oh my gosh. It's nice seeing you all. So I'm joined tonight by some pretty amazing musicians. We have Bex Mitchell, on bass; Jensen Daniels on percussions; and Ryland Foster on guitar"

The audience cheered again.

"It's pretty soulful up here; it's like a soulful party" I smiled "This is called Cologne"

I went through the next two songs, trying not to focus on the fact that Liam would want to speak after this show. I didn't want another fight to happen, but I also had to prepare myself just in case it did happen.

With as long as he's been gone, I didn't know what to think.

All I wanted was for everything to be okay again.