-5-

Zayn's POV

We were on a thirty minute break so I figured I'd go outside and have a smoke, before getting back to recording.

I went to the door and saw Shay and Gracie arguing. Gracie looked like she was about to cry, while he stood there lecturing her. 

I opened the door a little to hear what was being said.

"What are you saying?" Shay asked, looking rather annoyed.

Gracie sighed in defeat "I'm saying I don't want to do this anymore"

Do what anymore?

"Are you mad? Sales are increasing for both of us, and you want to ruin it by breaking it off?  Shay said, making a fist in his hand. It worried for Gracie being that close to him. 

"I don't know like you as a person and you bring out the worst in me. Agreeing to this was the worst decision I've made!"  

"Quit making things so damn hard. Just date me and make management happy" he got way too close to her face "Just be the good little pop star that they want you to be"  

From my view it looked like he might hit her, but he knew better. He had to know better.

She pushed him away, trying to get some distance obviously. It was clear that she didn't like how close he was to her face, which I completely understood. 

I was debating whether or not to walk out of the studio now and make him leave.

"Are you insane?" he asked, rudely getting in her face again "I'm be very tolerant, Gracie. Don't push it" he started walking away, but turned back to her with a smirk on his face  "Also, try hitting the gym. I don't want to be seen out in public with a fat girlfriend"

What the hell? No one should speak to Gracie like that, or any girl for that matter. 

Why was he even hinting that she was fat, she looked just fine. 

I watched her sink to the ground, looking overwhelmed by what had just happened. I walked out and looked at her, but she didn't notice me there yet.

She wiped her eyes and looked up, her face going pale when she saw that I was standing there.

I stepped forward, expecting to speak to her, but she quickly stood and went back into her studio.

What the hell happened to her? This isn't the same Gracie I know. She has bags under eyes, looks so shaken up, and beyond stressed. It was like she would break at any moment if someone touched her.

And what the hell did Shay mean when speaking about management?

Liam needs to know about this.

He won't even like the idea of Shay pushing her around and talking down to her like she's nothing.

Sure she and Liam have their issues and I'm not exactly happy about her decision to be with Shay instead of Liam, but nothing seemed right about this relationship. It was almost like she was being forced to date him.

Were they even dating.

I went back to the studio and walked up to Liam. Liam would be able to put two and two together.

"Liam, I need to talk to you" I said, pulling him away from Harry.

"What is it, it sounds important" he said, being his typical self.

"It's about Gracie. We need to talk" I said.

He looked down "Zayn I thought you of all people knew how I felt about talking about her"