It's Better to Burn Out than...

By Myownthing666

After Ruby Stockins's ex-boyfriend kills himself, she thinks that she will never date again. Until one day wh... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160
Chapter 161
Chapter 162
Chapter 163
Chapter 164
Chapter 165
Chapter 166
Chapter 167
Author's Note

Chapter 151

48 0 0
By Myownthing666

July 19, 1994

Today, my mother was finally going to let my children live with me again. I bought our little apartment for us and it was very cozy. It was very close to Dave's house, too, so if I ever needed anything, he would be there in a split second. 

But, before I picked up my girls, I was going to have a talk with James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich. 

I was utterly disgusted by them and what they said. They had no fucking right to say that and I know for a fact that if someone made a joke about Cliff Burton two months after he died, they would fucking kill them. So yeah, I'll kill them. 

Not only did they disrespect my husband, they disrespected the father of my daughter. 

I was not going to let that slide. 

Dave and Krist picked me up and then we drove to Kirk's hotel. Dave and Krist wanted to tag along in case things got out of hand or they got physical. I knew that James and Lars probably weren't going to care about what I had to say, but I didn't care. I needed to get it out of my system. 

Even if things did get physical, I had two men to back me up and one of them was way taller than Lars. Krist could step on Lars. I wished he would. 

"We're here!" Dave shouted. 

We parked and walked inside of the hotel and walked to their hotel room. 

"I'm surprised you guys are letting me do this," I said as we stood outside the door. 

"He made fun of Kurt," Krist said. "That's not cool."

I nodded my head. "God, I wish I was a man. Then I would beat the shit out of them."

"Kurt would beat the shit out of you just for saying that," Dave said. "You know, because he was a feminist."

I shook my head and knocked on the door. Kirk opened up and smiled. 

"Hey, Ruby," He said. "Can I give you a hug? I feel terrible about what happened."

I nodded my head and gave him a tight hug. 

"I can't imagine how you must be feeling," Kirk said as he welcomed us inside of the room. 

We walked inside and I saw James and Lars sitting down on the couch with Jason. 

"Yeah, having someone commit suicide is terrible," I said. "Well, he really liked your guys' music. I probably made him like it more because I used to really like you guys, but yeah."

"Ruby!" James hollered and walked over to us. "How you doing?"

"I'm doing really good."

"Yeah. Hey, I'm sorry about Kurt. I hope everything is alright with you."

"Yeah," I nodded my head, and then Lars walked over. 

"I'm sorry about Kurt," Lars said sympathetically. "What a terrible thing to happen. I mean, how have you been keeping up?"

"Not working at McDonald's, that's for sure!" I yelled. "I mean, I know I wasn't in Nirvana, so I can't be considered a 'remaining member', but you know."

James smiled and shook his head. "Who told you?"

"No one told me. I was there."

"You were not!" Lars shouted. 

"Yes, I was!" I lied again. "God, Lars, you think you're so funny. You're actually an idiot. First of all, it wouldn't be four legs, it would be six. There's Krist, Dave, and Pat. So fuck you for that. And second of all, you think you're so funny for saying they work at McDonald's. You could literally fucking work as Santa's elf at the mall or something. Your drumming is godawful, so I think that could be a good backup plan for you."

"Hey, she got you with that one," James nudged him with his elbow. 

"You're a fucking cunt!" I snapped at James. "You went to our daughter's first birthday party because Kurt invited you. And he told you how he was a big fan of your music and he literally gave you guys money just from buying your record, and you make fun of him. I know for a fucking fact that if I made a joke about Cliff Burton right now, you would tackle me to the fucking ground. You're just so fucking inconsiderate-the both of you!"

I could see James laughing at me. 

"Keep going, Ruby, keep going," He folded his arms across his chest. "I'm sorry, I don't mean to laugh."

That was it. 

I walked towards him and acted like I was going to give him a kiss, but then kneed him in the nuts. He fell to the ground, clutching his non-existent dick. 

"You know for how big of a dick you are, I'm surprised at how small your dick is," I told him. 

James got up and raised his hand like he was about to smack me, but Krist jumped in front of me and caught his hand. 

"Don't you dare put your fucking hands on her!" Krist yelled and put his arm down. "Let's go."

Dave grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the room, but then chuckled as soon as he left.

"I sounded like a teenager," I was embarrassed. 

"Eh, whatever," Dave said. 

"You should've made a joke about Cliff Burton," Krist said. 

We walked to the car and Dave drove us back to my apartment. As soon as we got there, I could see my parents with Melissa and Lorelai. 

I screamed and jumped out of the car as soon as Dave parked. 

"MOMMY!" Lorelai and Melissa both screamed at me and ran to me. 

I started to cry as soon as I saw them.

I picked them both up and held them close to me. 

"Oh, my babies!" I chuckled. "I missed you guys so so much! Oh my goodness! I've missed you so much! I love you, I love you, I love you!"

I was crying so hard. Melissa and Lorelai were the only things that were keeping me alive. These past couple of months without them, I had wanted to die. But, now that I had them, those feelings disappeared. I could never do that to them. I would never do that to them. Especially not after Kurt doing it. 

I put them down and Melissa giggled. 

"Mommy, look it!" She held up a piece of paper with a bunch of scribbles all over it. 

"Did you make that?" I asked her. 

"It's for you," She gave it to me. 

Her voice was so precious. I couldn't believe that she was speaking that fluently either. 

"Mom, I missed you so much," Lorelai hugged my leg. 

"I missed you more, my love," I kissed the top of her head. "Are you guys ready to see our new place we're living in?!"

"Yeah!" They both screamed.

I took out the key and unlocked the apartment and let them in. 

Even though I inherited all of Kurt's money from when he died, I put it into a savings account. I didn't want to use it all. I wanted to save it and give some to the kids when they were older, too. When Frances grows up, too, I was going to give her some as well. 

"It's smaller," Lorelai complained. 

"At least we have somewhere to live," I told her. "Don't complain."

"Where's Daddy at?" Lorelai asked. 

My heart dropped. 

"Remember, he's working somewhere else right now," My mom reminded her. 

"I want to see him again. I miss him."

"I'll show you some pictures, Lorelai," I promised her. 

"Hey, sweetie," My mother hugged me. "How have you been doing?"

"I've been doing a lot better," I told her. "Seeing them has made it a lot better, too. Melissa is talking so well, now!"

"Your father and I decided to take her to some speech lessons," She said. "She's been doing fine on her own, now. She only went a couple of times, too."

Lorelai and Melissa ran behind me and up to Dave and Krist. 

"I missed you!" Lorelai giggled. 

Krist picked up Melissa while Dave held Lorelai's hand. She was too big for him to hold her. 

Krist put Melissa down and she ran away with Lorelai again. 

"She looks just like Kurt," Krist told me. 

"I know," I smiled. "She's a piece of him."

I was lucky, in a way. It's not like Kurt and Robert died with nothing of to remember them by. Robert gave Lorelai who was almost an exact replica of him-she looked more like him than she looked like me. And on the other hand, we have Melissa who was a perfect blend of Kurt and I, but you could definitely see both of us in her. 

"Do you know how Frances is doing?" My mother asked me. 

"Mom, I'm Kurt Cobain's wife," I reminded her. "Courtney wouldn't let me see her even if I asked. I have no idea how she's doing."

"I hope she's doing alright," My mom said. 

"Me too," I said. "Me too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 120 23
(Dave Grohl ♡ Kurt Cobain) ★I saw a lot of other fanfictions people wrote about them and I thought I would give it a try.★ - If you do not like th...
9.5K 248 80
Seems like a typical love story,doesn't it?boy meets girl and they fall in love.except this is a little bit different:boy meets girl,boy falls in lov...
5.6K 154 20
[ Dave Grohl ♡ Kurt Cobain ] tw: abuse. || drug use || su*cide thoughts mentioned.⚠️ #4 in nirvana 🤘 [ lowercase intended. ] - kurt is trapped, trap...
4.9K 116 30
( Dave Grohl ♡ Kurt Cobain ) Frances has told her mother that her father still exists. Yet Courtney wasn't having it. What if Dave believes too? (Fr...