It's Better to Burn Out than...

By Myownthing666

After Ruby Stockins's ex-boyfriend kills himself, she thinks that she will never date again. Until one day wh... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160
Chapter 161
Chapter 162
Chapter 163
Chapter 164
Chapter 165
Chapter 166
Chapter 167
Author's Note

Chapter 15

123 2 2
By Myownthing666

November 6, 1991

"Bye!" I said to Robert's mother as she walked away. "Lorelai, did you have fun?!"

"I got a bear!" She held up a stuffed animal. 

"How cute."

There was a knock on the door, so I looked through the peephole and saw a woman I didn't recognize. 

"Lorelai, please go to your room," I whispered. 

"Why?" She asked. 

"Just go!" I whispered yet again. 

She went into her room and peeked out of the door. I opened up the front door and the woman turned and smiled. 

"Hello!" She had a wide smile on her face. "May I come in?"

She was very beautiful and had gorgeous blond hair with bangs. Her smile was perfect and her teeth were perfect. Her skin glowed in the sunlight, but she looked like she was in her 30s or something. All I knew was that she was definitely older than me. 

"Excuse me, who are you?" I asked. 

"Oh, silly me! I'm Kurt's mother-Wendy."

"Oh. You're Kurt's mother?"

"Yes."

"How do you know where I live?"

"He mailed me a letter and wanted me to give it to you. He didn't want the letter to accidentally get sent to a different apartment and you never get the letter."

"I'm pretty sure they would return it to me," I let her in and shut the door. "I'm sorry you had to drive all the way here."

"I live about an hour away, it's no biggie. Kurt mentioned you had a little one."

"Lorelai!"

She came running to me and hid behind my leg. 

"She's shy," I chuckled. "Baby, this is Kurt's mommy."

"Hi there," Wendy kneeled down. "My name's Wendy. What's your name?"

"Lorelai," She muttered. 

"Well, Lorelai, I have a present for you," She dug into her purse and took out a piece of paper and a pen. "There you go. Go color me something. I need to talk to your mommy."

"Thanks!" She smiled, took the pen and paper, and ran to the table. 

"She loves drawing," I explained. "Please, have a seat."

"Thank you," She sat down. "Oh, here's the letter."

I took it from her and set it down behind me. "How come you drove all the way out here?"

"Well, the letter, but I also wanted to meet my son's girlfriend. How old are you?"

"I'm 21."

"My, what a young age!"

I chuckled. "Are you in your thirties?"

"I wish! I'm 43."

"No way!" She did not look that old. "I don't believe it. You're lying."

She chuckled. "Thank you for the kind words. But, I was wanting to get to know you."

"Well, what do you want to know?"

"How did you and my son meet?"

"Dave and I have been friends for over 10 years. Dave is the drummer-"

"For 'Nirvana', yeah."

"Anyways, we were really close in high school and he was in town and we just met up, but he happened to be with Krist and Kurt, so they came, too."

"Kurt has spoke so fondly of you."

"He talks about me."

"Every single time we call. Well, when we used to call. I remember the first time he told me you two were together. Before you, he had a relationship with a girl named Tobi. They weren't the best couple. Sure, they were close, but he didn't really love her. Anyways, he called me and he said, 'Mom, Mom, I have news.' And I said, 'What is it?' And he said, 'I'm dating the most beautiful girl in the world.' Now, I've heard so many people say that before and I must say, you are very beautiful."

I chuckled. "Thanks, you are too."

"I asked him what you looked like and he said that you had beautiful brown hair, gorgeous teeth, glossy skin, pink, perfect lips, hazel eyes, and a beautiful voice."

"How do you remember this?!"

"I wrote it down."

"Why?"

"In case you two ever got married. Or if you got into an argument, you could always remember what he said."

I smiled. "That's sweet."

"Whenever we would call, he would tell me about you two. I remember he first mentioned your daughter and I said, 'YOU TWO HAD A KID?!'"

I laughed. "No."

"But he talks about her like she's his own."

I looked at Lorelai. "She doesn't have a dad."

"Did he leave?"

I looked back down. "He killed himself."

"Oh dear God. Come here."

She hugged me and I started crying. I didn't even say anything. I just cried. I needed to. I missed Kurt so much and I was worried that he was doing something else. At this point, I wasn't crying because of Robert, I was crying because of Kurt. 

I let go of her and calmed myself down. "I am so sorry."

"Do not apologize for being upset."

"Mommy, are you okay?" Lorelai ran over to me and handed me a cup. "I got you some water."

"Thanks," I took a sip and noticed it tasted weird. "Lorelai, you can't reach the water."

"It was already on the table, Mommy."

She ran away and I set it back down on the table. 

"She's a sweetheart," Wendy stated. 

"She really is. I love her with all of my heart. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be here."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I mean that I would probably be dead."

Her eyes widened. "Dead?! That's extreme."

"My boyfriend committed suicide-I didn't want to live in a world without him. We had worked so hard to get to where we were, and he just left. I wanted him back so bad. But, I couldn't leave Lorelai. I didn't want to leave her. I wasn't going to have her have no parents-that would be tragic."

"I'm glad you stayed."

We talked for hours and hours about everything. Then, of course, we got to the topic of Kurt. He was such a loved kid-I could tell by the way her mom talked about him. What was weird was that Kurt never talked about his parents. I asked him about them once and he brushed off the topic. I thought that his parents were abusive or something, but Wendy did not seem abusive at all. She seemed like the best mother ever. 

"Where are your parents?" She asked me. 

"They live in Florida," I told her. "I might visit them over the holidays."

"You should. Do you see them often?"

"Fuck no."

"Why?"

"They kicked me out when I told them I got pregnant with Lorelai. They didn't support me or anything. The only time they contacted me was eight months from when I told them I was pregnant and they told me to tell them when I was giving birth. So, just to piss them off, after I gave birth, I told them she was born. They visited and there was so much tension, but it was whatever."

"I'm sorry. Have you talked to them since?"

"They call to talk to Lorelai every once in a while. They haven't called in months, though."

"Do they love her?"

"Of course they do. But, I don't think they're too proud of me."

"Aww, sweetie," She put a hand on my shoulder and stood up. "I have to get going, but I suggest that you talk to your parents. You never know what could happen."

"What do you mean?"

"They could die tomorrow and you would never know. You wouldn't want it to be left on a bad spot, do you?"

"No."

"There's your answer," She walked over to Lorelai and hugged her. "I will see you around, sweetheart."

I opened up the front door and gave her a hug. "Thanks for stopping by."

"I will have to do this more often. Goodbye, Ruby."

"Bye, Wendy."

I shut the door and knew what I had to do:

I would call my parents tomorrow. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 74 15
[ Krist Noveselic ♡ Kurt Cobain ] "You're so oblivious!" "..I am?" It's true, Kurt Cobain is very oblivious and sensitive. how would he react to Kri...
4.9K 116 30
( Dave Grohl ♡ Kurt Cobain ) Frances has told her mother that her father still exists. Yet Courtney wasn't having it. What if Dave believes too? (Fr...
6.2K 241 20
Year: 1997 { In This Story, Kurt Is Alive :) } [ Dave Grohl ♡ Kurt Cobain ] "Let me fix this." Dave says worriedly towards Kurt. "How." Kurt replies...
5.6K 154 20
[ Dave Grohl ♡ Kurt Cobain ] tw: abuse. || drug use || su*cide thoughts mentioned.⚠️ #4 in nirvana 🤘 [ lowercase intended. ] - kurt is trapped, trap...