Blast From the Past (A Scream: TV Series Story)

Part Two:
I spent all day yesterday doing job searching, hopefully I will have a response from someone by the end of this week. Wanting to sleep in, I sigh with content as I bury myself further under the clothes. Luckily I have two days of rest before going back to avoiding Kieran as much as possible.

I hear a firm knock of my door and my head immediately snaps up.

Who could be here?

I slowly stand from my bed and tip toe to the door to see Kieran with his arms crossed. He knocks on the door again and I continue to keep quiet.

"I know you're in there, Y/N. I asked the hotel clerk if you were in." He says through the door.

"I don't want to listen to anything you have to say," I say.

"There's a killer on the loose, Y/N/N. Please, I have to know that you're safe." He says.

I yank the door open with anger and say:

"You have to know that I'm safe? Since when did you ever care for someone that wasn't yourself?"

"Since I moved here. I moved here for a fresh start as well." He answers.

"Well good for you, can you please leave now?" I dismiss.

"Look, I know that you're pissed at me-"

"'Pissed'? Oh, I'm not pissed, I'm infuriated." I say, stepping closer to him.

"Y/N/-"

"Y/N," I correct.

"There is a killer out there, and even though that you don't need my help, I just wanted you to know where I'm staying."

"I don't need it,"

"But in case you do," He says, giving me a sheet of paper with his name and address.

"I won't," I say, staring down at the paper.

"I've spent the last year and a half without you, I'm pretty sure I can continue that, even with this killer on the loose." I add.

"Just in case you need it," He says, taking my hand and placing the piece of paper into it.

"I don't it, and I don't need you. I never did, and I never will. I would rather die than staying with you." I say, placing the paper against his chest.

"How about the times that you said that you loved me?" He asks, stepping closer to me.

"How about the times that you said the same thing and you swore that you would stay by my side no matter what?" I retort.

"Times have changed, Kieran. We have changed." I add.

"For better or for worse?"

"As long as we are separate, for the better." I say before moving to close the door.

"I'm truly sorry about everything, Y/N." He pleads.

"At some point in my life, that meant something, but not anymore." I say before closing the door.

**

It's been close to seven days since Kieran came knocking on my door. Seven days of independence and productivity with my life. I am in the middle of getting ready for a gym when I head a knock at the door. A knock very similar to when Kieran came by days ago.

"What do you wa-" I start as I open the door.

"You're staying with me, come on." Kieran says as he badges in.

"Excuse me, but that is definitely not happening." I say.

"We don't have time for arguments, your life is in danger." He says, grabbing my hand and dragging me out the room.

"Stop this, Kieran!" I yell.

I tense my wrist and pull myself out of his grasp. I grab his wrist and the back of his neck as I push him into the wall. When he tries to pull away, I twist his arm and push him further into the wall. The MMA techniques that Thomas taught really did come in handy after all.

"Kieran, I didn't want to do this before because I was being uncharacteristically nice, but if you put your hands on me again like you have no common sense, you and I will have a problem." I say.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry." He says, I slowly pull away from him.

"Where did you learn that?" He says, cradling his wrist.

"That doesn't matter. What matter is what you are doing here?"

"I know you said that you would rather die than be with me, but I'm really trying to be a better person. Now that you are in town, with this killer, I have to at least try to make sure you are safe."

"I am more than capable of defending myself,"

"Listen to me, he has killed cops. He doesn't care if you're trained or not, he will find a way to kill you. He always does." He explains.

"Just.. please, spend the next few days with me. I have to know if you're safe." He adds.

I look into his moderate green eyes and see pure desperation. I find myself getting guilty and I sigh in defeat.

"I'll give you five days. After that, I'm coming back here." I say.

"Thank you, oh, thank you so much." He says in relief.

"It doesn't mean that I am going to treat you any different." I say.

"I don't expect you to,"

"Good, I'll get packed then."

**

Drying my hair as I get out of the bathroom, I notice Kieran standing with a pillow and blankets in his hands. I reach for them and he shurks them away.

"These are mine, you can take my bed." He says.

"No, I am not going to kick you out of your own bed in your own home." I say.

" Truly, I insist."

"No, you hand me those blankets and a pillow and I'm staying on the couch while you stay on your own bed. Do not make this an argument, OK? Because you're not going to win."

"And who's to say that I will lose this argument?"

"Because you suck at arguments," I say.

"End of discussion. Good night," I add as I take the blankets and pillow away from him.

"I admit it, I miss your stubbornness. Are you going to miss anything?" He says, making me stop in my tracks.

"There is nothing left to admit. Unless you count the fact that we are toxic for one another. Back then, we didn't know or really cared whether or not you were unhappy you were always angry; but we were."

"You're not wrong. You were reckless - we were too reckless and we go solves into a bad situation. The situation been easy for me, and I love you, and for that I'm sorry. I'm sorry for-"

"Kieran, this is not the time or place for this."

"This is the exact time and place for this." He says.

"I ran away because I was scared of being a father. I snapped at you and made you feel worthless, and I realize now that you must have been much more terrifying than I was. Instead is being there for you, I took off and you didn't have any emotional support to back you, so you had to decide for yourself."

Tears pinch my eyes and I sniffed softly to prevent myself from sobbing.

"And when I realize how much of a jackass I was, I went back home to your house... but you were gone, your mother said that you left town and didn't come back. That day was the worst day of my life and I'm sorry that you built resentment towards me."

"That's enough, Kieran!" I snap, making him stop talking.

"I knew that coming here was a bad idea. I'm going home. If the killer wants me dead, then he is more than welcome to try." I add as I grab my keys and advance to the door.