Police Station (2/2) [A Haven Story]

Some people whimper at the sound of his voice raising.

"Shut. Up." Another man says.

Duke and I follow his command and go on our knees as he link our hands behind our hands. Once they weren't paying attention, Duke whispers to me:

"I'll hold off theses guys as long as I can while you go save your sister.".

"No," I whisper.

"No? What's do you mean no?"

"If you do that the every hostage in this station could die, you included. No, I have another plan, a better plan." I say.

"Hey! No talking!" A man says.

Duke and I momentarily comply before Duke says:

"What's your plan?"

"There's not enough time for me to explain. You just have to trust me." I say.

"Trust you? I just met you yesterday. How do you expect me to trust you?" He says a little too loud.

"Didn't I just say there shouldn't be no talking?!" The main guy says.

"Why are you here?" I ask.

He breathes unevenly and steps closer to me. I look into his green eyes, which are dipped in anger; but behind the angered front is guilt. I know that look all too well, that's exactly what I felt when my parents were murdered by my fiancé. The angered front only magnified when I found out they Chandler survived the fall and escaped Spain before I could find him.

"You lost someone. Someone close to you." I say.

"You don't know what you're talking about." He says.

The gun shakes in his hands, which means that I am getting to him.

"You lost your daughter, didn't you?.. what happened?" I ask.

"It was my fault! I let her out of my sight for a split second and she dies in my arms." He says.

"A-are you troubled? Or did someone else get to her that was troubled?" I ask.

"Someone else did. Gerard couldn't control his damn trouble and he killed my daughter. I found her body crushed from the inside out and she took her last breath as I was holding. Then they took her away and arrested Gerald to take him to court, but doesn't deserve to be taken to court, that bastard deserves to die!" He rants.

"And let me guess, he isn't here?" I ask, slowly standing from the ground.

He didn't move the gun, which means that he doesn't see me as a threat, which is exactly what I wanted.

"They let him go and now I don't know where he is." He says.

"I could help you, ya know. My sister and I, we're excellent trackers. We can find him in under thirty minutes." I say.

The other man complies and as soon as Karissa is free, she punches the guy in the face and grabs his gun. She drives a snap kick to his chest and aims his own gun at him. The main man aims the gun at me and I grab the back of his hand to twist the gun out of his hands. I kick him to her ground and Karissa approaches me. We stands back to back and slowly move in a circle to aim our guns at the men.

"You okay?" I ask her breathlessly.

"Yeah, you?"

"Well, it's not exactly how I envisioned my week in Haven to go." I say.

"Help untie the rest of them. I can handle these guys." I add.

"You sure?" She asks.

"Yep, you can go." I say.

She hands me her gun and I aim it at all of the guys.

"So.. are you CIA or FBI?" Duke asks from behind me.

"I'm neither,"

"Are you sure? Because not everyone can talk down a gunman and take away their gun as fast as you could." He accuses.

Before I could even respond, five more men come into the station. They were taller, bigger and stronger looking than the other guys.

"Um, Connie, you sure you got them?" Karissa asks as she continues to untie that officers and civilians.

"Yes,"

"You sure?" Duke asks.

"Of course, hold these for me." I say, handing him the guns.

"Uh, you sure you don't need em'?" He asks.

He takes them into his hands and I clench my fists hard enough to feel fire ignite in them. The heat spread throughout my body and I stare at them with glowing orange eyes.

They all cock their guns defensively and I create two large balls of fire in my hands and throw them at the men. The impact sends them flying into the wall and knocking them unconscious. I aim both of my hands towards the two remaining men and they collapse to the floor in pain.

Once I see that the threats are gone, my eyes went back to normal color and the heat left my body. I turn around to see Duke and everyone else staring at me in shock.

"So.. I'm troubled." I say.

"We can see that," The chief of police says.

"So is she," I add, motioning to Karissa.

Karissa gently lifts her hand and moves someone's phone into the air and sets it on the counter.

"So new twins with different troubles?" A woman says, she was the woman that I saw with Duke yesterday.

"Yep," I say.

"That is so cool," Duke says with a smile.

"We could use someone with your expertise here at the station." A man says.

"What? Nathan? She could literally shoot fire from her palms, why do we need someone like her in the police force?" Audrey asks.

"Because she could talk down a gunman and both her and his sister take away his gun in a matter of five minutes. We may not need them, Audrey; but having them would be smart." Nathan explains.

"Well, if i am going to be interviewed then I shouldn't be dressed in sweatpants and a sports bra. I should probably head home and take a shower first." I say.

"Where do you live, I can give you guys a ride." Nathan offers.

"Nathan," Audrey says.

"Let's go," Nathan says and we left the station.