Welcome to Beverly Hills (3/6) [An All American Story]

He runs up to catch up with me and I say:

"Unbelievable."

"Hey," I hear Asher call behind me.

"Y/N, wait." He says.

I stop and turn around to see Asher jogging towards me.

"What? Did you come to insult us once again?" I ask.

"No.. I just.. I think I saw your name on the roster of my class. I wanted to know if you needed help finding the classroom." He states.

"I'm a smart girl, I think I'll manage." I say before walking again.

"Y/N," he calls again.

I sigh with annoyance and look over my shoulder.

"The AP Bio classroom is over there," He says, pointing in the opposite direction I was walking.

I huff and walk towards Asher.

"What's your next class?" Asher asks Spencer.

"CP American History," Spencer says.

"That class is in that building," Asher says pointing towards the direction I was originally headed.

"Alright, meet you here in an hour." Spencer says.

"Yep," I say.

He holds his hand out to do our secret handshake. We slap each other's hand's twice before linking hands and pulling down. Then we both turn around and hit the back of our hands together and then our palms.

I started walking soon after and Asher followed me.

"So how long have you guys done that?" He asks.

"Done what?" I ask.

"The handshake," He says.

"We created it when we were six years old and have been using it ever since." I explain.

"Who's older, him or you?" He asks.

"I'm older than him by a minute." I say.

"Wait, you two are twins?" He asks.

"Yes- why are you interested in my all of a sudden?" I ask.

"I don't know.. I guess I just feel bad about before." He explains.

"As you should. It was beyond stereotypical of you to assume that either of us were a part of a gang." I snark.

"Oh shit.. I'm sorry." He says.

"Truth be told, I was trying to make conversation." He adds.

"Well your way of starting a conversation and mine are two completely different things." I say.

We walk in momentary silence before he says:

"So.. you threatened to slap the teeth out of some girl's mouth?"

"Wow, word travels fast around here." I say.

**

Now every other day, Asher has been walking me to AP Bio and asks me more questions than I can count. I have no idea why he found such an interest in me, but he needs to stop.

Thank God it's a Saturday though. I just finished my essay and dialectical journal for AP Language since early this morning and now I can finally sleep in.

Since the principal said that Spencer and I had to be in the school district to continue going to Beverly Hills High. So Coach Billy is allowing us to stay over his house for a while. Spencer is completely down with that- hell, he's even getting comfortable.

I walk into the kitchen and put a glass of milk in the microwave. Once it was finished, I spin around the milk within the cup and took a sip. I see something in the corner of my eye and I look to see Jordan, Asher, Hadley and Leila all in the pool.

I walk out of the kitchen and into their 'backyard' where the pool was.

"Ay, sis. You planning on jumpin in?" Spencer asks.

Asher wakes up from his small nap as soon as he hears my name.

"Nah, I'm good. I'm actually trying to go to sleep." I say, holding up my glass of milk.

Asher sits up from his large floatie and looks at me right in the eye. I slowly scanned his muscular physique from the broadness of his shoulders to the curvature of his calves.

"Hey Y/N/N," He says.

"Hey Asher," I say, feeling awkward at the fact that he called me by my nickname.

"Well I'm going to head to bed," I said to Spencer.

"Word," He says.

I walk back into the kitchen and finish drinking my warm milk. I walk into my room and tuck myself into bed. Within seconds, my eyes and body began to weight like anvils and I finally went to sleep.