Killed in Action (3/3) [An All American Story]

"If I were Hayden, you would be dead right now." I hear a girl's voice say.

My eyes snap open and I jolt awake to see Jordan's younger sister in a fuzzy shorts and a tank top.

I shake Jordan awake and he groans as he pulls me closer.

"A couple more minutes," he whines.

"Jordan, wake up. We're caught." I say.

"What do you mean we're caught?" He asks.

"We're caught," I repeat.

That's when he catches my drift and he jolts himself awake. He looks at Olivia and says:

"Close the door,"

She does so and he says:

"You can't tell anyone that she's here."

"How long has she been here?" She asks.

"Since last night," he says.

"How could you do this to Hayden?" She asks.

"What? I didn't do anything. We.. we were just sleeping." Jordan defends.

"Yeah, well the way that you were holding her says something different." She says.

She turns to leave and Jordan calls after her. She looks back and says:

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. It's not my secret to tell."

"It's not a.." Jordan trails off as she leaves.

"We should go before someone else decides to walk in." I say.

Just as I say that, Spencer walks in.

"Hey Jordan, you ready for that morning r—" Spencer stops as he sees me.

"What the hell?" He adds.

"Spencer—" Jordan starts.

"You've been banging my best friend while I'm here. Man, that's some mad disrespect and—" Spencer says, interrupting Jordan.

"You wanna talk about mad disrespect?" I interrupt.

"Jordan, do you mind leaving the room for a minute? Spencer and I need to talk." I add.

Jordan nods and stands from the bed. He walks passed Spencer, who gives him the worst glare that I have ever seen him give somebody.

"You really want to talk to him about mad disrespect... I called you and Coop multiple times and neither of you answered. I was all alone. You knew! You knew what happened to my Dad, and you knew how it would impact me. Yet you still didn't answer!" I say.

"My phone died, I—"

"Lying will get you nowhere, it will only make matters worse for you. I know you were with Leila." I say, with tears threatening to spill onto my cheeks.

"Phoebe—"

"So much for me being your main, right? Well at least, Jordan was there for me when none of my supposed 'best friends' couldn't." I say.

I walk passed him and reach for the door knob when he grabs a hold of my arm.

"Baby, please.. just let me explain." He pleads.

"There's nothing left for you explain. You chose her over me when I needed you most. And for that, I will never forgive you." I finish, yanking my arm away.

I open the door and walk into the living room, not caring if Jordan's parents saw me.

"Jordan, can you drive me home?" I ask once I walk around the corner.

His parents look from me to Jordan with their mouths gaped open.

"Yeah, you need to grab one of my pants and jacket, it's normally freezing outside in the morning." He says.

He leads me back to his room and hands me a pair of black sweatpants and a black jacket. I put them on as he puts on his mocassins and another one of his jackets.

The house was completely quiet as Jordan and I walk out.

"I'm sorry," I say as we pile into the car.

He turns on the heat and waits for it to kick in.

"Sorry for what?" He asks.

"For getting you into trouble with.. well, everyone."

"You didn't get me into trouble.. there's nothing wrong with helping someone who was in a rough place. And though it looked like something else, that didn't happen. If they try to tell me otherwise, they are in for a rude awakening." He says whilst clenching his jaw.

"I'm sorry about you and Spencer," He adds after a few moments of silence.

"Don't be, it was bound to happen anyway." I say.

I rub my hands together before stuffing my hands into the pockets. The heat finally started to work and that's when Jordan pulled off.

I direct him to where my house was and he parked next to the sidewalk.

"Thank you," I say.

"No problem," He says with a warm smile.

I get out of the car and start to walk up my driveway.

"Wait," He says, getting out of the car.

I stop and turn around to face him. His eyes drift from my eyes to my lips, as if he was contemplating whether he should kiss me.

"Um.. if you ever want to talk or something, you can come talk to me anytime. My doors always open." He states as he approaches me.

I nod and say:

"Thank you,"

He places a hand on the side of my face and leans forwards to press a warm kiss on my lips. I go on my tippy toes to meet his lips. My hands find their way to his jaw line and my eyes fluttered closed. He tilts his head to the side to deepen the kiss and pulled me closer by the waist. We pull away breathlessly and he says:

"I don't regret that,"

"Me neither," I say softly.

"Phoebe Isabella Prichard, get your behind inside this house right now!" My mother calls from the porch.

"I think I may be the one in trouble out of all this." I say.

"Good luck," He says with a smile.

I go down from my tippy toes and he captures my lips for another kiss before I could pull away from him.

"Phoebe!"

"Coming, Mom!" I say.

I nudge his chest and he goes back to his car. I spin around to meet the furious gaze of my mother.

I huff as I say:

"Here we go,"