My True Identity (4/5) [A Haven Story]

"Hello, mi amor." She says.

"How are you here right now?" I ask.

"It will take too much time explaining how I got here. But the question that really counts is why am I here? You are not suppose to be here. You still have much to do in your lifetime. Saving the town of Haven is only the beginning." She says.

"Why didn't you tell me that the Guard served to protect us?" I ask.

"There's so much that I wanted to tell you that I never got that chance to. Like how to deal with loving two guys at once." She states.

"Don't think that I don't check up on you every now and then." She adds.

"Mom," I say.

I walk over to her and pull her into my arms. Her normal scent of vanilla teases my nose as I hug her tighter.

"I missed you so much," I say.

I rest the side of my face on her shoulder as she rubs circles on my back in a soothing manner.

"I missed you too, amor. But we cannot be together long. You still have much to do." She says as she pulls away lightly.

"Wait, I have to ask you a question. How do I store away my troubles? They are too much for me to handle and they are starting to interact with one another, and not in a good way either." I say.

"You just have to pick something important to you and store it in them. But hide it in a way that no one else but you could recognize." She says.

"But how do I do that?"

"There's no more time. I'm sorry." She says.

"You have to jump, Y/N." She adds.

I look to the cliff and shake my head no.

"If I jump, then I'll die." I say.

"It'll actually do the opposite. You have to trust me, sweetie." She says.

"You have to jump." She adds.

I slowly walk up to the edge of the cliff and my foot accidentally slips off. I yell out and catch myself on the corner of the cliff.

"Mom!" I yell.

She walks up to the edge of the cliff and took my hand into her soft ones. Then she lets go and I scream at the top of my lungs as I fall towards the ferocious waves.

The second my back hits the ocean, I gasp as I jolt awake. I fall back onto a hard surface and hold onto my forehead, which is pulsating from the impact. There is no light anywhere around me and when I sprawl out my arms, I realize I am confined to a box. I touch the inner edges to realize that I am in a wooden box.

My eyes widen and my heart starts to race.

"I'm in a coffin?" I say to myself.

The humidity of the air made it even harder for me to breathe. My breathes became uneven and shallow and I felt like my head was going to explode.

I need to get out of here.

I glow my hands so I could see my surroundings. I see hinges on the left side of the coffin. I try to lift the hatch open, but it weighs down from the dirt.

I take a deep breath and send light beams through the palms of my hands. The coffin breaks under the heat of the light beams and the dirt went flying everywhere.