Despair (A Luke Valez Imagine)

Today was unlike the rest of the days; and it wasn't a good day.

Today was the day I lost the love of my life: Thomas Matts. He was in the Marine Corps and he was deemed KIA on the day of our three year anniversary.

That day was suppose to be the day that I tell him that I was pregnant. It was suppose to be a joyful and happy day. Instead, it was the worst day of my life.

Everyone would say their condolences and that things would get better, but that doesn't make the pain go away...

For going on four years, I fell into a dark abyss know as depression and pushed everyone away.

Then one day, I got a knock on my door. I ignored it until I heard a male voice say:

"Y/N Y/L/N. FBI, we would like to speak with you."

"FBI?" I ask myself as I cover myself with the robe.

I approach the door and open it.

"Y/N Y/L/N?" A older, Italian man states.

"Yes?" I say.

"I'm Luke Valez from the Behavioral Analysis Unit. We have been assigned to the case happening in your town. There has been a chain of kidnappings and murders of women who exactly fit your description. We believe you are one of five women to be targeted; so we would like to put you under citizen protection." He explains.

"Okay. I take some clothes." I say.

I open the door wide enough for him to walk through.

"You actually seem calm in a situation like this. The other four girls we told, freaked out and ran out of their apartment." He states.

"Well, I am depressed due to a death of someone I cared about... so I'm not exactly emotionally sharp." I say.

"I'm sorry to hear that." He states.

My Bernese Mountain Dog, Abbie, greeted him with a bark.

"Hello there." He states.

"Is she friendly?" He asks.

"Yeah, she's an angel." I say.

I pull out a duffel bag and folded about a week's worth of clothes. I packed other essentials and zipped up my duffel bag.

I take off my robe and slip on a pair of light wash jeans and a Puerto Rico T-shirt. I sling my duffel bag over my body and walk out of my room as I pull my hair up into the ponytail.

"You're Puerto Rican too, huh?" He asks.

"Yeah, third generation. You?" I say.

"Me too."

He looked at me and I instantly break eye contact.

"We should probably head out." He states.

**

I finished up a text to my sister, asking if she can keep an eye on Abbie. She responds with of course!