My Family's Barbeque (A Sweet Pea Imagine)

A/N: I was watching Step Up 2 the other day, and this idea kind of came from that. I was in a Rom-Com mood. 😇😇

My family has the best barbecues in all Riverdale. They occur on birthdays and spring holidays.

Today is my seventeenth birthday. Currently  I am putting on my navy blue, skater dress.

I hear a knock on my door, followed by:

"Y/N, what's taking you so long, your boyfriend has been asking about you for ten minutes straight."

"I'm coming, I'm coming. Tell him to hold his horses." I say.

A frustrated sigh is released from my sister's lips. I hear her steps descend down the stairs and I continue getting ready.

I slip on my tie up, black flats, and put on my gold necklace, earrings and bracelet. I rub my Dove lotion on my arms, legs and neck Lastly, I quickly apply my mascara, eyeliner and red velvet lipstick.

I blow a kiss to myself and smile. On my way down the stairs, I take my hair out of the braid and my loose curls flowed right above my shoulders. I flip my hair to one side and put my hair tie around my wrist.

I open the door to my backyard to see everyone chatting among themselves while waiting for me. I close the door and everyone stopped talking.

After a small silence, the crowd gives me a round of applause, followed by whoops and cheers. My sister moves away from Sweet Pea and walks in my direction.

"Finally! I was getting ready to slap him." She sasses.

"Oh please, we all know that you take four times the amount of time I just took. And besides, it was just fifteen minutes." I say.

"Yeah. The longest fifteen minutes of my life."

I roll my eyes and she places a kiss on each one of my cheeks, I do the same. She hugs me and leads me into the crowd. I glance over at Sweet Pea to see his mouth gaped open. His eyes quickly examining me from head to toe. He licks his lips as he stares at my thighs. His chocolate brown eyes meet mine and he mouths:

You look gorgeous.

I blew him a kiss and he caught it and puts in his pocket.

"Damn, prima." My cousin states.

He pulls me in for hug and states:

"You know how to clean up nice."

"Why thank you." I say placing my hand under my chin in an angelic manner.

"Now, now. We all know you have horns beneath that halo." My aunt taunts.

We kiss each other on each cheek and I pull her in for a hug.

After I exchange greetings with my family and friends, I walk over to Sweet Pea. He is wearing a black button up shirt, light wash jeans and his favorite black, spiked sneakers.

"How's my bad boy doing?" I tease.

"I feel pretty good, but you know what would make me feel better?" He asks.

"Let me guess, you would love to take a peek under my dress? Or possibly slipping a hand underneath it at the dinner table?" I say.

His eyebrow twitches at the thought. He places his hands on the lower part of my back and pulls me closer to him. His voice is husky, almost like his throat is dry.

"Don't give me any ideas." He states.

I softly bite my lip in a teasing manner.

"Why must you tease me?" He says brushing his lips against my ear.