Kept Secret (A Criminal Minds Imagine)

Beep!

Beep!

Beep!

I mindlessly slam the dismiss button on my alarm clock.

"Ms. Y/F/L/N. Breakfast is ready for you." Mike, my bodyguard,  states.

I've been under protection of the FBI for going on five years now. A serial killer that he put away served his time and threatened to kill me. So he was forced to put me under Witness Protection and isn't allows to know where I am.

I am only under Witness Protection until they catch the serial killer. But suddenly, the trail went cold, increasing my time under protection.

Being here is beyond exhausting. Moving to a new location every month, never staying in the same town twice.

Sometimes, I wonder why I decided to marry a fugitive hunter... but other times, I focus on our good times and I weigh them against the bad.

Despite not be able to see him, I'm glad I met him. What can I say? He's the love of my life..

"Ms. Y/F/L/N? Are you alright?" Mike asks, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yes Mike, I'm fine. I'll be right out." I say.

"Okay."

I hear his footsteps descend and him talking to Sam, my other bodyguard.

I release a slow breathe as I get out of bed. I arch my back and sigh in relief as my spine softly cracks. I lift up my ankles so they would crack. I grab my robe from the rack and wrap it around my body. I open the door to be greeted by my Persian Cat, Zuzu.

She purrs as she rubs her body against my smooth legs.

"Good morning, Ms. Y/F/L/N." Mike and Sam say in unison.

"Morning guys." I say.

I walk into that bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face with cold water. I dry my face and pick up Zuzu as I walk into the kitchen.

"How did you sleep?" Mike asks.

I pour myself a cup of mocha coffee and take a sip before I answer:

"I had another nightmare."

Mike gives me a sympathetic look before he says:

"About Alvez?"

I nod and take another long sip of my coffee.

"Any news on him catching the serial killer?" I ask.

"No.. since he's joined the BAU, there's been another killer who's going after the BAU in particular. If anything that puts you further in danger. I'm surprised he didn't call saying-"

"Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! Don't jinx it." I say.

They both laugh at me and I walk over to my plate of food they prepared for me."

"You guys are the best... I'm glad to have you." I say.

"The pleasure is all ours, Ms. Y/F/L/N. Alvez is one of our best buddies. And you're definitely not a burden. We've dealt with complete snobs but you're cool. It's about damn time Alvez found someone." Sam explains.

"Thanks guys."

I start eating the scrambled eggs when Mike suggested:

"Wanna go for a run?"

I smile at them and say:

"Hell yeah."

**

Since our current location was Tarragona, Spain, there were a lot of trails to run. The humid, earthy air combs its way through my hair.

"So how many miles, boys? Ten? Fifteen?" I ask.

"It depends on how much you can handle, Y/F/L/N." Sam taunts.

"I mean come on, two 6'3", buff guys versus one 5'3" woman... it's clear that I will slay you both." I snap.

They both laugh at me before speeding up their pace.

Oh shit!

I speed up as well and we pass under a tunnel narrow enough for walkers to pass through. The tunnel is wet and the air is damp. The light at the end of the tunnel wasn't that far away. I'm not scared of dark, small places so I will be fine. I choose to walk through to avoid me falling.

The constant, yet faint drip water echoes throughout the tunnel.

Then I hear a faint crack of a bone, followed by a muffled scream.

"Sam? Mike?" I ask.

"Hey!" I hear Sam say.

I hear the contact of someone's fist against someone's face.

"Run, Y/F/L/N! Run!" I hear Sam yell.

I see Sam laying on his stomach on floor and a man standing over him. The man grabs Sam's neck and snaps it.

"No!" I say.

The man looks up and stares right at me. Then he starts running though the tunnel.

I suck in a breath before I run out the same way I came. I think quick on my feet and climb up the hill so I could stand on top of the tunnel. I balance myself until I see the man standing outside of the tunnel. He searches around frantically to see where I am.

I jump off of the tunnel and drive my feet on his shoulders. He collapses onto the ground and I lift him off of he ground by his collar.

"Who are you, and what do you want?" I ask.

"I want the BAU to suffer." The man says.

His dark brown eyes burrowed into mine and they completely contrast his words.

His eyes seemed dazed and confused... almost like he was being mind controlled.

"Y/N Alvez?" I hear another voice say.

A voice much deeper, more intimidating.

Still holding the other guy by the collar, I turn around to see an African American man who is roughly 6'5" and over 200 pounds.

I gulp loudly as I notice more guys behind him. They weren't exactly his height or weight but there were a lot of them.

I punch the guy in the jaw and toss them aside

"What do you guys want from me?" I say.

"We want the BAU to suffer." They all say unison.

They all have the same look in their eyes: confused and dazed.

"You guys have no idea what you are doing are you?" I ask.

They all look at me and charged at me.