Beach Day (2/5) [An All American Story]

Jordan returns to his spot in the kitchen, which was dicing the onion.

From how he was holding the knife, how he was standing and how the onions came out as, he hasn't been in the kitchen once in his life. He may have been in the actual kitchen before, but he hasn't been cooking in the kitchen before.

"Do you need help?" I ask as I approach him.

"How did you know?" He asks playfully.

"I just took a guess." I say.

"May I...?" I add, referencing to his hands.

"Sure," He says.

I stand behind him and try to reach for his hands, but my arms are too short. That and his torso is too wide for me to reach around.

I huff and he noticed my frustration. So he steps away from the counter and gives me enough room to stand in between him and the counter. I do so and I place my hands on his, so he can know how to correctly dice onions.

I slip the knife out of his hands and further dice the onions that he did. Then I hand him the knife and held the knife as well as his larger hands into my own. I move his other so that he holds onto the onion.

"Okay, so you want to slice the onion in half first.." I say as I move his hand with the knife to cut the onion in half.

He steps closer to me as he tries to see what I gotta was doing. Feeling his chest on my back triggered my blush in my cheeks. I clear my throat before saying:

"Then you cut the half's in half and you just keep cutting until they are smaller sized squares."

He moves the knife a little to close to his finger as he tries to slice the onion in half again. He was about to apply pressure until I say:

"Don't,"

I lifted his hand with the knife and slide his other hand further away from the knife.

"You almost cut yourself,"

"Oh right. Sorry- I mean thank you... for not allowing me to cut myself." He rambles.

"No problem," I say, looking up at him with a smile.

His hands covered mine and he leans forward slightly. His warmth comforted, but I knew that I had to leave. I slip out from between him and counter and my back immediately noticed the lack of heat. We look at each other and maintained eye contact until we heard the door open.

I look to the door and see Spencer and Cooper walk in. My heart flutters when I hear his laugh. He walks into the kitchen and stops in his tracks. His chocolate brown orbs scans me from head to toe.

"Y/N?" He asks with disbelief.

"Surprise," I say, opening my arms.

"Oh my God," He says in relief.

He lifts me up into his arms and wraps my legs around his waist. I wrap my arms around his shoulders and bury my face into his neck to inhale the scent of his Axe cologne. He slides his hand up my back and into my hair.

"I missed you so much," He says against my hair.

He hugs me tightly and spins me around before setting me down. I smile up at him and he presses a kiss at the corner of my mouth.

He slowly pulls away and looks at me with a bright twinkle in his eyes. I pull away from him and that's when Cooper pulls me in for another tight hug.

"Damn gurl, you couldn't call a girl up every now and then?" She complains.

"It's kind of hard to do that with the boss literally on my ass the entire time." I say.

"Let me worry about the boss," she teases.

"Get outta here," I say, nudging her playfully.

She smiles at me and Spencer says:

"Okay, you're turn is over."

He pulls me in for another hug and this time, I see Jordan looking over at me. My heart weighs as he looks away from me. He looks at the floor discouragingly as he clenches his jaw.

Spencer pulls away from me and asks:

"You're staying for the barbecue, right?"

"Hell yeah," I say with a smile.

I glance over at Jordan again before Spencer pulls me into the living room.

**

Spencer has me in his lap as Chris, Cooper and a few others gather around the table as they debate about who was the best rapper in history.

The relationship between Spencer and I is.. complicated. Him, Cooper and I have been friend ever since we were all in diapers. But the minute that high school hit, things between Spencer and I changed. We saw each other differently but we never acted on it.

Then one night, everything changed. It was when there was a party and there were lots of guys who were drunk or high or both. I was dancing with a couple of friends, when a guy came over and asked me if I had a boyfriend. I didn't feel comfortable around him at all and I made it pretty clear to him that I wasn't interested.

He gave up after a few tries.  I was on the way to the bathroom when I was pulled into another room. I was pressed against the wall and I made sure to scream for Spencer before the guy clamp his hand over my mouth.

My heart ached as it pounded against my ribcage as I knew what was about to happen. I close my eyes and suddenly, I didn't feel the man's touch anymore.

I opened my eyes to see Spencer over the guy and completely pummeling him. His knuckles get soaked with blood the more he threw his punches. He grew angrier and angrier and I remember pulling Spencer off of him. He lunged forward and I had to cup his face in my hands in order to calm him down.

I suggest to go home and he complies. He drove him and kept asking if I was okay. I was thinking back to what could have happened if Spencer didn't walk int. He stayed the night; he  he held me close to him and I remember kissing him. He slid in between my legs and pulled away from my lips to see if I still wanted to. I nod and pull him in for another kiss. One thing led to another, and I lost my virginity to him.

It was that night that changed everything.

"You okay, Y/N?" Spencer asks, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Hm?- Yeah, Yeah I'm fine. Just thinking." I say.

He links his hand with mine and presses a kiss on the back of it.

"Well don't worry your beautiful mind too much." He says.

We both exchange a look of content before returning our attention back to the conversation.